Wanted Wheelchair - Folding, pref kids size

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by MooCow, Jan 31, 2014.

1. MooCow

MooCow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    Hi,

odd request, but does anyone have a wheelchair they would be willing to sell me?
    My daughter is in for her next operation (an annual event it has now turned into) in a couple of months and will need a wheelchair for a period of time afterwards during recovery. Last year we hired one from the Red Cross but this proved to be a lot of trouble as the "local" pickup is quite a way from our house and the hire cost worked out at what we could have bought one for anyway and still had it for this year!

Looking for something foldable/packable - preferably in a kids size, pink would be awesome (but understandably not a priority!) for occasional use - doesn't have to be electric of even self propelling.
    Pickup near us would be great, but happy to pay postage.
    Or if anyone has seen one elsewhere advertised would be grateful for pointers.

Many thanks

Price and currency: various

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,283
    Hello,
    I have had a look around for you and found these, not very local i am afraid but should be able to get them couriered fairly cheaply :)
    child wheelchair | Ipswich | Gumtree (i like this one :D )
    Preloved | we have a selection of new and nearly new wheelchairs for sale in Coventry, West Midlands (they have a children's red)

Sorry i could not find much more :(

Hope your little girl is feeling better soon.

Neil

[EDIT] found this, i have a feeling i am not allowed to link to the site, but the item number is 181312101929 - Sure you know where i mean :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. MooCow

MooCow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    Thanks @rhino2k - this seems to be similar to what I am finding - all the ones we are interested in are miles away will give them a contact though and see if they will consider courier for it so thanks for the help.
    Forgot all about Gumtree!

4. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,283
    You are most welcome.
    Will keep my eyes peeled :)
    Neil

5. IceUK

IceUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,
    please ring your local social services, they will be able to supply you with a wheelchair.

6. MooCow

MooCow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    Indeed they do, they refer you to Red Cross who charge more for rental than what it costs for a 2nd hand chair though - we paid (or rather donated as they put it) £20 a week last time (plus a reservation cost of £5) bringing it to about £100 for the month and a bit we needed it for. This year it is £35 a week and we need one for approximately 2 months and likely again for this time next year and beyond.

Rhino2k - contacted the seller with the pink one and they are happy to ship it, so working out the logistics on it at the moment. Hopefully we will have a happy young girl in a pink chair :D

7. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,283
    Great News :)