• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wheel stand pro for forza 3

Ayman

Standard Member
For anyone whos been using the wheel stand pro, does the clamps hold the steering column in place even under force. I was thinking that after using it for sometime that the steering column would lose its strength or start to loosen.

Are there any issues using the wheel stand pro with the xbox360 steering wheel and pedals, and are you able to hold the xbox360 pedals in place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Really want to use steering wheel on Forza 3 from the get go. Used joypad with Forza 2 and when I did get steering wheel, pedals moving was always an issue, and couldnt get near my joypad times. I figure only way I would stick with steering wheel is if I dont touch the joypad on the game at all.

Kinetic Frenzy

I just got a WSP and have been using it for a week now and i have to say it is excellently engineered. I haven't had one facet of the wheel be it the wheel itself or the pedals move around when playing, doesn't matter how much i rag it about :thumbsup:

All you have to do is to make things hand tight because they use very good and very clever fixings.

As for the pedals, once you use the plate and fix them to the stand they are going nowhere, you'll have to push the whole stand through whatever's in front of you to get them to move and even then they'll still be fixed to the stand :rotfl:

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Better get an order in now then so u have it, order now prob may be monday/tuesday u will have it.
Not used mine with the 360 wheel but i agree it's a stunning bit of kit.

screemer

Which wheel is everyone using? I want to get a wheelstand pro and wheel for Forza but i dont want any crap.

Kinetic Frenzy

Hi Screemer, The M$ wheel is very good for its price of £70 and i think Game may still be doing it for £60 when bought with anything else (just buy the cheapest thing in the store). I'd held off for ages from getting one thinking that it was poor for some reason but it's easily every bit as good as my memories of the Logitech DFP (PS3 only) which itself is a very good wheel...

However if you want the uber wheel then be prepared to part with uber cash and get yourself the fanatec. Just make sure if you do that your interest in Forza 3 is more than a fad! :D

Ayman

Standard Member
I got MS Official Wheel and pedals and think its a quality product, and just ordered the wheel stand pro after alot of reading around these forums.

I am now trying to find out if I can add pedals with clutch and gear stick to my MS wheel at a reasonable price as I can not pay up for fanatec wheel. If I had the cash then the Fanatec would be my first choice.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
I got MS Official Wheel and pedals and think its a quality product, and just ordered the wheel stand pro after alot of reading around these forums.

I am now trying to find out if I can add pedals with clutch and gear stick to my MS wheel at a reasonable price as I can not pay up for fanatec wheel. If I had the cash then the Fanatec would be my first choice.

-Na sorry pretty sure that not possible with the MS wheel.

screemer

Hi Screemer, The M$ wheel is very good for its price of £70 and i think Game may still be doing it for £60 when bought with anything else (just buy the cheapest thing in the store). I'd held off for ages from getting one thinking that it was poor for some reason but it's easily every bit as good as my memories of the Logitech DFP (PS3 only) which itself is a very good wheel...

However if you want the uber wheel then be prepared to part with uber cash and get yourself the fanatec. Just make sure if you do that your interest in Forza 3 is more than a fad! :D

Alreet Decker lad, how goes it? WHich Fanatec is it? They seem to have loads on there site? Do i have to order through Fanatec or does anywhere else sell them?

Kinetic Frenzy

I loose track Screemer, there's so many different versions and it depends which consoles you want it to work on.

I think you need the one that works on everything as this i think is the only one which importantly works with the 360.

@ GMC sorry mate i haven't forgotten i promised pictures of my wheel set up on the wheel stand i will do it this week. :thumbsup:

Blacbul

Standard Member
I loose track Screemer, there's so many different versions and it depends which consoles you want it to work on.

I think you need the one that works on everything as this i think is the only one which importantly works with the 360.

@ GMC sorry mate i haven't forgotten i promised pictures of my wheel set up on the wheel stand i will do it this week. :thumbsup:

Its the Turbo S version you need, its the multi platform version and therefore only one compatible with the 360. I have one on order myself (the Clubsport edition as this comes with the all aluminum pedals the other version comes with standard pedals). I will be using it with both Forza and GT5 when it is released.

Its the best "mid priced" wheel out there, all in costing me about £550!! But bear in mind that cost includes the Fanatec wheel stand which bumped the price up about £100. I went for the Club sport edition simply because If I bought the standard edition the uber pedals would be another £150 when I bought separately at a later date (which I know I would have!!). So there is a (relative) saving to be made in buying them as an integral package.

Last edited:

Kinetic Frenzy

i'm sure the fanetec will be good but i doubt it will be 10x better than the M$ wheel. Personally i'd have to play racing games non stop to justify such expenditure...

Blacbul

Standard Member
i'm sure the fanetec will be good but i doubt it will be 10x better than the M$ wheel. Personally i'd have to play racing games non stop to justify such expenditure...

Lol!! You could well be right but **** it I know I wont regret it and I pretty much will be playing nothing else for a good few months at least!! then when GT5 is finally released it will definately justify my flagrent disregard of the credit crunch:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Torranach

...and for that reason, I'm out! :D

The Wheel Stand Pro looks really good tho, might have to invest in one soon! :smashin:

BYF

I'm going to have a go at making a Wheel Stand Pro variation, doesn't look much to it really.

screemer

I'm still undecided whether to go for the Fanatec or the MS wheel. I guess the big appeal with the fanatec is the clutch?? that would make it so much better i reckon. Does the MS wheel work ok with the wheelstand??

Kinetic Frenzy

M$ wheel works perfectly with the WSP. I will take some photos of how it sets up once i've recovered from the flu.

screemer

dont u reckon the clutch with manual gears would be ace on the Fanatec though Decker??

Kinetic Frenzy

I'm not so sure Screemer. Fair dos for stock production cars but once you get to those cars which are professionally built for racing then you're never going to be using an H-shifter, it's either sequential padles or sequential stick (forwards / backwards) Plus from the vids i think the clutch appears to be on off with no biting point as in a real car which also tends to defeat the purpose though i may be wrong about this.

The other thing is that from the Youtube videos and of the posted reviews about the Fanatec one of the criticisms is the noisy gearbox - it does sound very noisy and incredibly plasticky which spoils the illusion / immersion somewhat.

I'd also have to get the aluminium pedals with the force feedback in the brake pedal and go the whole hog, if i were to find a spare £450 down the back of the sofa :D

screemer

So MS wheel and paddle shifts then???

Kinetic Frenzy

works for me but i'm not saying it has to work for others. check out this review:

YouTube - Volant Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S - Part 1/2

YouTube - Volant FANATEC Porsche 911 Turbo S - Part 2/2

in short:

----------- :) -------------------
- Exceptional Return of force. (precision in Forza 3)
- The wheel -> super quality.
- very good feelings driving.
- compact format of the wheel
- The style of the Porsche wheel
- memory and adjustments
- hardness of the brake pedals

-------------
icon_sad.gif
----------------------
- plastic pedals
- very noisy gear shift lever
- plastic gear shift lever
- accelerator pedal a little too flexible

My opinion : The improvement of the gear shift lever is to be envisaged.
I would like a gear shift lever “club quiet sport” and aluminum

screemer

any reviews of the ms wheel with Forza 3?

screemer

Oh, and wheres the best place to get the wheelstand from? is it just direct?

Kinetic Frenzy

you get the wheel stand pro direct only takes a few days from you placing your order to you receiving your goods. :smashin:

Going off the Forza 3 demo the M$ wheel is good, every bit as good as it is with Forza 2 which i think it works great with. The only "downside" i found with the wheel with the Forza 3 demo is that you can enduce huge oversteer which can cost you time compared with the pad where it didn't matter how much full lock you put on or for how long you could never get the car pointing the wrong way down the track :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom