• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wheel clamping victim gets even. Trench Lock Garage, Simplex clampers, £700 fee.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Somebody I know broke down and had to leave his car at the garage (with the OK from the girl inside).
He returned (admittedly the next day) to find it had been towed away and was asked to pay £700 to get it back. After arguing his case with the garage owner, the charge was reduced to £300.
Still outrageous.
Watch the video to see the attitude of the garage owner Chris Evans.
Calls his customers 'scum', blames it on Simplex Parking - http://www.simplexparking.co.uk/.

A video from a protester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhyqkK1EYSg

And the Shropshire Star coverage

Personally I think the garage owner has a grievance as his property is not a long stay car park, but then more than a £100 fine is outrageous and the garage owner Chris Evans' attitude stinks. Clearly not a 'people' person.

mij

Prominent Member
I was listening to LBC a London radio station recently, they were discussing how some garages with shops were clamping customers who parked at a pump while shopping.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I was listening to LBC a London radio station recently, they were discussing how some garages with shops were clamping customers who parked at a pump while shopping.

While I do think that's disgusting I do happen to think its rude parking at the pump while shopping, by all means pick up a bag of jelly babies but if you need a basket for your shopping then park up and shop.

I think we probably all hate these private parking firms, our car park at work is now "policed" by an utter atrocity of a company called CPS Parking. I've already had a ticket for not having the pass that was clearly visible in my windscreen. A colleague who'd just started work at our place actually asked the attendant if he was parked in the right section (its a multi occupancy building with several different companies there) The attendant said he didn't know and then was spotted on CCTV going straight to his car and ticketing it for being in the wrong section. utter ******s the lot of them.

mij

Prominent Member
While I do think that's disgusting I do happen to think its rude parking at the pump while shopping, by all means pick up a bag of jelly babies but if you need a basket for your shopping then park up and shop.

I think we probably all hate these private parking firms, our car park at work is now "policed" by an utter atrocity of a company called CPS Parking. I've already had a ticket for not having the pass that was clearly visible in my windscreen. A colleague who'd just started work at our place actually asked the attendant if he was parked in the right section (its a multi occupancy building with several different companies there) The attendant said he didn't know and then was spotted on CCTV going straight to his car and ticketing it for being in the wrong section. utter ******s the lot of them.

Some of these garage/shops do not have a separate parking place for shopping yet do have a proper shop! If I parked at a pump to buy a newspaper would it take me any longer than it would to buy petrol and a newspaper?

I think the biggest problem is if you exclude the obviously crooked clamper's is that the punishment does not fit the crime.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom