whatsapp Only phone with no browser installed (not just option to remove )?

Farhanc007

Novice Member
Hello my question is are there any WhatsApp only mobile phones ?

As I want to message, call, video call, etc.

Also take photos, calendar, notes, calculator, alarm radio, etc.

But don’t want any internet.

I look forward to hearing the thoughts here.

Yours

Farhan

Last edited by a moderator:

dts197

Distinguished Member
Why would there ever be a mobile phone designed to just use WhatsApp? And you do realise WhatsApp cannot be used without the internet?

Just buy any cheap phone and don't download any other apps. Simple.

Upvote 0

oneman

WhatsApp doesn't work without internet, even Wi-Fi is OK. If are trying to simplify the phone for say somebody elderly then what I have done in the past is change the launcher, there are some locked down ones designed for simple use. You can get a few icons.

There are some options here,

Also some providers exclude WhatsApp in their allowance so you don't need a high data amount, not sure if that includes excluding video calls.

Upvote 0

Farhanc007

Novice Member
What I mean is No internet browser installed(not just option to remove ). But allowance for WhatsApp ,and other features

Yours

Farhan

Upvote 0

Timalay

You may want to look at one of Nokia's smart feature phones, with KaiOS. They are like the Nokia phones of yore, but you can still get some of the core apps (WhatApp included). Depending on your budget, but the Nokia 6300 4G can be picked up for £54.99 direct from Nokia at the moment.

Upvote 0

Everything Goes

You may want to look at one of Nokia's smart feature phones, with KaiOS. They are like the Nokia phones of yore, but you can still get some of the core apps (WhatApp included). Depending on your budget, but the Nokia 6300 4G can be picked up for £54.99 direct from Nokia at the moment.
Definitely a back to basics phone but for some reason the Farhan wants something without a web browser. I don't think such a thing exists in modern times that also supports WhatsApp.

Upvote 0

Steven

Senior Moderator
Uninstall or disable the apps you do not wish to use 😎

Upvote 0

Timalay

Definitely a back to basics phone but for some reason the Farhan wants something without a web browser. I don't think such a thing exists in modern times that also supports WhatsApp.

To be fair, I think the web browser on KaiOS is very basic. I'm no expert on the matter, but I would imagine an OS like KaiOS doesn't use data in the background as much as Android and iOS does. Maybe that's what OP is worrying about.

Upvote 0

finbaar

There is no phone available to buy that has an application for WhatsApp (hawk spit) installed ready to use and no internet browser installed.
I'm guessing Farhanc007 wants such a phone for someone else to use. The only way to achive this would be to install two users on an Android device with the second user with restricted access and only allow them the use of WhatsApp. There are many ways of achieving this and I would suggest searching for the latest information. I have done something similar to this this previously but it was a number of years ago and things have moved on considerably.

Upvote 0

Timalay

There is no phone available to buy that has an application for WhatsApp (hawk spit) installed ready to use and no internet browser installed.
I'm guessing Farhanc007 wants such a phone for someone else to use. The only way to achive this would be to install two users on an Android device with the second user with restricted access and only allow them the use of WhatsApp. There are many ways of achieving this and I would suggest searching for the latest information. I have done something similar to this this previously but it was a number of years ago and things have moved on considerably.

Except for KaiOS as I said earlier.

Upvote 0

Dave X

Except for KaiOS as I said earlier.

KaiOS has an internet browser.

1622110178034.png

1622110200716.gif

https://medium.com/design-at-kai/what-you-didnt-know-about-kaios-browser

Upvote 0

Timalay

That point I am trying to make, that KaiOS might not always be running data in the background like Android and iOS can. Maybe that's why the OP doesn't want the interenet.

Upvote 0

prking

That point I am trying to make, that KaiOS might not always be running data in the background like Android and iOS can. Maybe that's why the OP doesn't want the interenet.
KaiOS uses data in the background for email, messaging, calendar, contacts, account backup etc.

Upvote 0

oneman

That would be WhatsApp text only. And still uses data.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom