Whatsapp chat backup

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
I have had an issue with my auto backup for Whatsapp for ages now - it will always tell me the backup failed for what ever reason and i have to go in and do it manually through Whatsapp - no big deal.

But i tried to back it up a couple of weeks ago and for some reason it crashed when doing the back up, and ever since it has just been stuck on "Backing up - Uploading: 97.8 MB of 11.29 GB (0%)" - with the little circle wheel thing to the right going round and round, as if it is still trying to back up. But like i say, this crashed out weeks ago and i can't seem to "cancel" this back up and try again.

I have tried shutting the phone down and closing all apps etc, but it is still saying the same.

Any ideas how i can force the old back up to cancel and start again?

E60530i

Exactly same issue I’m having. Other than reinstalling app, which may lose data not already backed up, I’m out of ideas

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
still having the issue. I have even purchased 2TB of icloud storage now to see if that helps the issue, but it doesn't - the chat backup is just stuck on "Uploading 0 bytes of 11.19 GB (0%)" with the circle in the cloud above just spinning round.

I don't really want to uninstall and re-install as i imagine i will lose all chat history from middle of November to now? (when it was last backed up)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom