What's your usual Mass Effect 'squad'...and why??

• Thread starter Deleted member 152499
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 152499

Been playing Mass Effect pretty much solid for about two weeks now, and despite my previous reservations as to the RPG-ness of it all, I'm totally hooked....several hours can just fly by whilst playing this game, and many a time I've said the magic words "just one more side mission" :suicide:

Anyway, I was just wondering whether people had a preferred squad that they use the majority of the time? I'm currently favouring Shepherd (Soldier), with Kaiden and Garrus. I've levelled them all up to about level 35 (IIRC), we've all got some pretty tasty weapons, and with these two in tow I've got a good mixture of combat/tech/biotics. I tried running with Liara in the squad for a while, but felt I was lacking a bit of combat skills with her being 100% biotic....

So, I could go on and on for hours (which would be really dull), so what setup are you guys running with at the moment??

It depends on your class type really. I played through 1st as a soldier, whereas now, my 2nd playthrough as a Vanguard, you need to select different members to give a decent balance.

I think as a Soldier I usually went with Wrex and Kaiden or Wrex and Liara for a combat and biotic style squad..

i usually took ashley and tali with me (soldier). I found having no biotic attacks wasnt a disadvantage. But i did want to open the crates.

I played through as an infiltrator and I took ashley and tali when I was going up against synthetics or ashley and the blue asari (can't remember her name, which is a bit shocking since I slept with her :eek:) when I was taking on organics.

With overload and sabotage via tali and myslef I was able to take down geth troops without even shooting them, where as the arasi biotic powers where great for crowd control when the creepers where rushing at me.

I always near enough take Ashley and Garrus, Im the Biotic guy in the group and i have ranked ashley up well as soldier, and Garrus i have put his (Spoiler) i have just landed on Illo is it called? and i am going after Saren, just sort of emergency landed on top of him and his troops but they locked the gate . How far am i from the end of the game?

Anyway i will keep my squad as it is for now, but if things start getting real tough then i may have to go back and change it but aint been put in that situation yet :thumbsup:

At first I used Ashley and Wrex as I was crap at shooting things (Vanguard).

Later on I switched to Ashley and Tali because Tali's awesome at unlocking stuff and I didn't need to worry about her combat skills so much.

But I fancied Ashley and Liara the most :) Oh, and I had a female Shepard whom I named "Tuftee Shepard" so I went with the girls all the way in the end. LOLOLOLOL! I know, I know, but it tickled me during my 47h playthrough :) It got a bit uncomfortable when I was being chatted up by Kaiden though!

I'm a Vanguard, but havent developed my Biotics much yet.

For my squad I take Tali for her tech / hacking skills and Ashley for her combat skills. Havent had too much trouble yet but I really do need to put more points in my Biotic abilities to balance it out a bit.

Currently on about level 22 with about 25 hours gameplay under my belt.

I have only done 1 main mission since 1st leaving the Citadel (save Liara) as I've been too busy exploring and doing side quests!

I always use Ashley and Liara. It's excellent to have those ladies fighting over me :smashin:

Did my first run through with Garrus & Tali, but only got the achievement for Tali for some reason (I'd been using Garrus longer...)

Currently redoing it with Ash & Garrus, completed Feros and now running around doing side quests.

Gonna try and do Novaria & Virmire tonight, then do side quests until the achievements for the squad unlock...

For me (soldier class), it's Ashley and Kaiden. Both the humans.

'Cos I don't trust those dirty aliens. :)

'Cos I don't trust those dirty aliens. :)

Haha :rotfl: One love man, c'mon!

My squad consists of Shephard as vanguard, Ashely as soldier and Tali for her tech skills. It's a good well rounded team, which were my initial reasons for choosing them. I like shooting and looting, haha.

I'll use other people on my next playthough, although I havent decided who yet apart from Garrus. Not too fussed about using Kaiden unless I have to for an achievement... so probably Liara or Wrex for the other squad member.

I'm a Vanguard, but havent developed my Biotics much yet.

For my squad I take Tali for her tech / hacking skills and Ashley for her combat skills. Havent had too much trouble yet but I really do need to put more points in my Biotic abilities to balance it out a bit.

Currently on about level 22 with about 25 hours gameplay under my belt.

I have only done 1 main mission since 1st leaving the Citadel (save Liara) as I've been too busy exploring and doing side quests!

Done it that way meself on me 3rd run through, nabbing the shotgun, pistol and Alliance soldier ally achievements on the way. Finished it just shy of lvl 50, only needed 1 heavy and 1 light metal from surveying and would have had it.

Might have to redo it with the same char to get the lvl 50 and warp achievements, once she has recovered from 'interfacing' with Liara :smashin:
Plus, it'll get me set up for the DLC.

Still found loads of new stuff on me 3rd go through, including new quality medium armor in a tasteful red and black combo, as well as the awesome devastating power of the Spectre shottie and lvl IX inferno ammo...the only ammo that kills and cleans up after itself :D

Done it that way meself on me 3rd run through, nabbing the shotgun, pistol and Alliance soldier ally achievements on the way. Finished it just shy of lvl 50, only needed 1 heavy and 1 light metal from surveying and would have had it.

Might have to redo it with the same char to get the lvl 50 and warp achievements, once she has recovered from 'interfacing' with Liara :smashin:
Plus, it'll get me set up for the DLC.

Still found loads of new stuff on me 3rd go through, including new quality medium armor in a tasteful red and black combo, as well as the awesome devastating power of the Spectre shottie and lvl IX inferno ammo...the only ammo that kills and cleans up after itself :D

Yeah, that red and black arour is rather cool and the Spectre weapons kick ass too.

Just realised I've replied to this thread twice... what a douche. At least both replies were consitent with each other, lol.

I'm just a touch away from level 50 now, still on my 1st playthough. I havent completed it yet but am just away to fight Saren. Needless to say I've been quite completist about it.

Must say I'm looking forward to the DLC :smashin:

I took Ashley and Tali. Ash was pretty hardcore near the end. I gave her all the best weapons and gear. Tali I made sure was a sharpshooter with a pistol and gave her a killer pistol and just upped all her other hack\tech powers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom