• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's your total Rock Band spending so far?

Mattk84

Banned
I was working mine out:

£135 RB1 + instruments
£40 RB2 solus
£25 drum stool
£15 mic stand
£10 mic clip and glue(for mending drum breaks)
£30 metal drum pedal
£225 ION drum rockers
£50+ dlc

Sooooo over £500 thus far....:oops:

There must be people who have spend more tho...surely?!

chewyx

Prominent Member
i dont think this thread is a good idea. i may want to hang myself once ive finished typing!

lets see,

Xbox 360 Elite £345 (yes i bought i purely beacuse RB was coming out)
RB1 + Instruments £135
RB2 £40
RB2 strat $80 so i guess about £55
Ion drum rocker £200
Alesis DM5 Cymbal £35
headphone amp so both Crash cymbals work properly £20
ION Cymbal £50
Drum Sticks £40
Mapex bass pedal £60
Kickbox £65
Roland KD8 £40
Guitar Stand £20
Mic Stand £15
Wireless headset £30
DLC £80+

christ thats the best part of £1200 although strangely enough i dont want to hang myself. Best £1200 i ever spent:D

Mattk84

Banned
lovin' your style!
thinking about it i spent £50 ish on dlc before RB1 even arrived so I must be touching £600 but youve just made me feel a whole lot better!:smashin:

chewyx

Prominent Member
lovin' your style!
thinking about it i spent £50 ish on dlc before RB1 even arrived so I must be touching £600 but youve just made me feel a whole lot better!:smashin:

glad to be of service!

I like to look at it that if i went down the pub on a satruday night id easily spend £50. Ive probably had about 15 RB parties since i got it which has saved me £50 a time so its nearly paid for itself:D

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
£130 RB1 + Biab
£45 RB2
£230 ION drums
£45 Extra Cymbal
£10 Drum sticks
£30 Drum Stool
£4 Mouse mats (for original drums)
£20 on DLC (not sure exactly and not going to horrify myself working it out)
Total = £514

Not too bad really :eek:

I'd be horrified but I managed to get most of my kit this year in gifts for birthday and xmas (30th borthday was awesome :D).

DpM

Prominent Member
£15 on a second hand copy of the game, which i should get sometime this week.

I have seen some tracks on DLC I want to get but will limit myself to the 800 points I have on my account ATM.

Not really in you league I know :D

Ill just be using my GT:WT Guitar for the game. Not had the urge to get the drums yet.

Looking forward to trying RB for the first time though :thumbsup:

GH:WT bundle - £150
Les Paul Controller - £35
RB1 - £40
RB2 - £40
RB AC/DC - £30
DLC - No idea. I'd guess at £60 maybe? Possibly more
Lars Ulrich signature drum sticks - £28

So over £300. Then if you add GH2, GH3 and DLC from that....oh dear. Nothing on those of you who've bought the Ions though

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Bought:

RB1 BIAB + Game = £135 - FREE from referrals :cool:
Pad Silencers = £15
Metal Pedal plate = £20
Stool = £15
RB2 = £35 (£10 off with store credit)
GH:WT Game & Guitar bundle = £25 & £25 xmas vouchers
DLC = havnt a clue, but quite alot = guestimate = £40

Still to buy:

Mad Catz 3 pack Cymbals = £25 - FREE Referrals
RB2 band pack = £130 ?, £55 cash & £75 FREE from referrals.

Total spent = £475

£270 of that was from vouchers, store credit and referrals ;)

Sold RB1 BIAB & Game for £100

so only spent £105 cold hard cash.

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
I'm not sayin'!

But I've been through 5 guitars (GH2 * 2, GH3, RB1, GHWT), 6 different games (GH2, GH3, RB1, GH:A, GHWT, RB2), a metal kick pedal for my RB1 kit (including fixings to patch it in), a Roland TD3 e-drum kit, upgraded drum heads, an interface kit b/w the TD3 brain and the Xbox360, and a mounting plate for this interface. Oh, and an awful lot of DLC.

RB is far and away the most expensive 'game' I've ever played but it's also the most satisfying. It's not about the total cost thankfully. I've not regretted a single purchase thus far.

kismet110

Prominent Member
Aside from the software (RB1, RB2) and two plastic axes I've also bought a little DLC and a modded GHWT Controller for drums.

All that pales into insignificance though when you factor in a Roland TD9-KX*, throne & bass kick pedal + extra crash cymbal & boom arm added couple of weeks back.

And no, I'm not gonna write the price down in case the 'wrong' persons ever read this thread ;)

* - not purchased specifically for Rock Band but definitely inspired by the game ...

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Not much tbh.

Got RB1 game only as I have a GH axe, so about £35

Exported songs BEFORE RB2 came out and sold that for ~£19

Got RB2 for ~£35

Got AC/DC - for £25, exported all the songs and sold the next day for £20 on ebay!

Got a few DLC, but not sure how many..

So grand total of: £56 :) + DLC

Mattk84

Banned
Must read up on ion drums. Never heard of them till I read this thread.

A lot of money but they are truly superb and there is a seperate thread devoted purely to the ions. The build quality of the RB drums is very poor and I struggle to see how they can justify their price point.
the build quality of the ions is excellent and they are worth every penny providing you can afford them and spend a lot of gaming time on RB.
you will completely trounce every score set with the original pads.

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
A lot of money but they are truly superb and there is a seperate thread devoted purely to the ions. The build quality of the RB drums is very poor and I struggle to see how they can justify their price point.
the build quality of the ions is excellent and they are worth every penny providing you can afford them and spend a lot of gaming time on RB.
you will completely trounce every score set with the original pads.

In defense of the originals, if you're very lucky then some sets will give good service. Unfortunately even with good sets I reckon you have to install a metal pedal kit and some silecing pads for rebound. I bought the ION's and they're worth every penny, 6 months of use on my original RB kit and the drums were a little unsteady and would rock when pounding on some songs although missed notes weren't as bad as others experiences.

Slyboy

Established Member
Spent far too much, as like many others on here. Not counted it all up, but what with the original band in a box bundle, RB1, RB2 Ion drums and a whole heap of DLC I must be well over £500.

When I put it like that it must be the most expensive video game ever, but definitely the best IMHO.

:thumbsup:

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
When I put it like that it must be the most expensive video game ever, but definitely the best IMHO.

I've always wondered about those arguments of "I'm not spending that much money on a video game!" It's so much more than that to my mind. The cost/hour enjoyed ends up being minuscule, I'm sure.

chewyx

Prominent Member
I've always wondered about those arguments of "I'm not spending that much money on a video game!" It's so much more than that to my mind. The cost/hour enjoyed ends up being minuscule, I'm sure.

couldnt agree more. No other video game in the histroy of video games has given me as many hours enjoyment as this game has. I play most days for at least an hour a day and several at weekends. I cant see the amount of time i spend playing rock band dropping off any time soon. With the constant DLC theres always a new song to play and what more, i find myself playing songs that i wouldnt normally listen to and loving them.

Even my non game playing friends love it and im asked to have a rock band party pretty much weekly. its got to the point where i say no so we dont end up doing it every weekend.

It also teaches you to play the real instrument. Ok not so much the guitar but it certainly helps with strumming.

The drums on the other hand are pretty similar to the real thing the only exception being the hi-hat which having now ordered the hi-hat kickbox im hoping i can get the hang of that too.

I started drumming in May when RB came out and im now proficient enough to comfortably pass all but a few songs on expert. I would even go so far as to say that i would have no problem playing alot of these songs on a real kit (which when my mate finally gets round to setting his kit up again I hope to test this theory)

I dont regret a single penny of the £1200 ive spent (actually its closer to £1300 now ive bought the hi-hat kickbox and over £1500 if you count the GH games too. All in less than 12 months. no wonder i have no money at the moment!!!)

my only thing i kind of wish id done is bought a proper Roland e-kit although i do love the IONs

drskhaled

Established Member
I'll let someone else do the math but over the years i have bought

GH1
GH2 + guitar
GH 80's
GH3 +guitar
GHOT 1 + grip controller
GHOT 2
GH aerosmith
GHWT +guitar
RB1 + drums
RB2
About 200 DLC? (lost count actually)
Xbox arcade + 120gb hdd (when my original 360 RROD and i couldnt bare to be without rockband for 2 weeks, seriously)
Logitech THX 5.1 suround system (specifically bought for these games)
RB premium drum sticks
Numerous albums from bands i've discovered from these games.

Planning on buying RB2 band in a box when its out for the new drums and guitar.

Due to space limitations i cant get ions or e-drums (otherwise i'd be adding these to the list).

I dont think its important how much you've spent, but whether you regret spending it? So long as there's no regrets and you've had fun then it was money well spent. Oh and as long as your children didn't starve to feed your habit i guess. I try to make sure i spend more on my family than on myself, its a good rule of thumb (I'm talking about time as well as money).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom