Whats your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... just make-do's for now, although all are favourite pieces of kit for one reason or another that I've saved over the years. All will be replaced in due course though. In the Living Room it will be a home cinema system eventually, and in the back room something more closely reflecting my interest in classic Japanese hifi (the SS-X100s are the first part of my classic Japanese collection :) )

System 1 (Living room) Philips AZ2555 stereo, on an antique oak nest of tables in the corner of the room. Looks cool and does 'boom boom' with remote control too, so quite adequate for the short term. In fact as I have always loved this piece of kit, I will always have a home for it somewhere...

System 2 (back room/den/library) Marantz PM 64mkII amp, Marantz ST-64 tuner, HK 7600 CDP and Sony SS-X100 speakers. The components are stacked on top of a non-used-and-still-not-sold REL Q400. Looks fairly ridiculous like this. I should post a pic just for the lulz.

System 3 (boxed up, for sale) Sony NAS-Z200-DIR, much loved but something had to give (according to SWMBO) and as this got the least use it's on fleabay... Still, it's in my house so counts as a system :p

Attachments

• myfi 01.jpg
    myfi 01.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2,545
  • myfi 02.jpg
    myfi 02.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,482
  • myfi 03.jpg
    myfi 03.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,592
  • myfi 04.jpg
    myfi 04.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 2,536
  • myfi 05.jpg
    myfi 05.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,522
Last edited:
Maybe.

But i believe this has been asked before and kyboshed by the mods for whatever reasons.
A few of the possible reasons could be because;

a) Many post their hifi setup in their signatures or profiles (though the same could be said for HC)
b) The Home Cinema Gallery, which if you want, you can post pics in there (and probably get lost amongst all the other HC threads)
c) We're probably not shouting loud enough for the mods to give us one :D.

I personally think it would be good to have one for hifi as there are plenty who would like to post a pic of their setup. It also would be nice for someone who just starting out or re-entering the hifi world to see what it is they could be enquiring about and arrangements they could have it in. OTOH, they can always google it.

Just my few randon thoughts on the matter

Last edited:
No harm in posting what kit you've got and even better adding a pic or two.

If it starts turning into a worthwhile thread I'm happy to sticky it for us 'hi-fi folk'

My Hi-Fi system comprises of...

Classe CAP 2100 integrated amp
B&W 805S speakers
HNE Granite Stands
Sonos ZP90
Audiolab M-DAC
(Waiting to buy a NAS drive)
Chord Chorus 2 XLR interconnects
Chord Signature speaker cables and jumper cables.

Kef R300 speakers
Atacama HMS 1.1 stands
Arcam FMJ A28
John Kenny JKDAC32

Atlas Equator speaker cable
Mark Grant phono cables

Fed Flac files from my PC over USB to the JKDAC32.

Nothing spectacular, but you can take the grand tour -

And have a quick listen -

There is a thread similar to this one, but dedicated to Speakers -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/speakers/453784-what-speakers-do-you-have.html

The thread currently has 33 pages.

It might be worth having a similar thread in the HiFi forum title "What Hi-Fi System Do You Have?".

I'm sure its been thought of before. Don't know why it hasn't stuck though.

Yamaha RX-797 Stereo Receiver 100w/ch
Onkyo TX-8255 Stereo Receiver 50w/ch
12" DIY speakers (35hz)
Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 (2x 8", 28hz) speakers
Harman Kardon DVD48 Universal Player(my CD Player)
Harman Kardon BDP1 Universal Player (my DVD/BluRay Player)
Pioneer PL-35A Turntable w/ Stanton 680EE Cartridge

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
To help the cause, my hifi

System 1- Living room
XTZ Class A100 D3
Oppo BDP-83SE
Cambridge Audio NP30
Qnap TS212 Nas
XTZ 99.36 speakers.
BK XLS200 Subwoofer
Beresford 7220 Router

Supra Classic Speaker cable
1x Ecosse - The Composer phono cable
1x Beresford TC-3618 optical cable
1x EL Cheapo optical cable

System 2 - Dining Room:
Marantz PM7001 KI
Squeezebox Classic 3
Nakamichi RX202E Tape Deck
Marantz UD7006
Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 Spk

Once i know how to inbed a picture into a post, i will add one ;).

Last edited:
In the spare bedroom

Nakamichi 480Z (rarely used)
Sony DVP-NS9100ES
Sony STR-DA3000ES driving-
2X Hologram Acoustics Technology Phantom 5.0 w/stands (superb build n finish)
2X Sony SA-WX700 subs
Cabling, analog interconnects: Zu Varial, Zu Geddes. Digital Zu Ash. Speaker cables ZU Wax

Main system in the living room

Sony SCD-XA9000ES
Sony DVP-NC555ES modded by SACDMods.com
Sony RCD-W2000ES
2X Kenwood KX2060 (virtually never used in years)
Parasound P7
Verastarr SSA644 triamping-
2X Swans F2.2+
2X Earthquake MVIV12 subs
Cabling: analog interconnects, Verastarr Grand Illusion Signature (XA9000ES), Verastarr Nemesis (P7 to amp),Verastarr Silver Sig (everything else). Digital, Zu Ash, Silflex glass toslink. Speaker cables, Zu Libtec.
looking to add a NAS

Last edited:
Last edited:
Living in a smallish tenement flat as I do where space is at a premium, I've had to make compromises in order to accommodate stereo and surround sound without adversely impacting the SQ of either. My current setup therefore, is a 4.0 system in which my AVR is connected to my stereo amp via its pre-outs so that the amp powers the front speakers in all cases.

The first picture shows the over all setup (except the rear speakers because they're on the opposite wall of course) and although it looks like there's a huge Mana Acoustics column to the right, it's actually two columns: the bottom column goes up to near the top of the speaker and the top column is on a wall shelf with my TT at the top. The second pic shows a closer view of the two columns so you can see what's on it. My kit list is detailed in my sig.

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0659-1.jpg

Last edited:
Living in a smallish tenement flat as I do where space is at a premium, I've had to make compromises in order to accommodate stereo and surround sound without adversely impacting the SQ of either. My current setup therefore, is a 4.0 system in which my AVR is connected to my stereo amp via its pre-outs so that the amp powers the front speakers in all cases.

The first picture shows the over all setup (except the rear speakers because they're on the opposite wall of course) and although it looks like there's a huge Mana Acoustics column to the right, it's actually two columns: the bottom column goes up to near the top of the speaker and the top column is on a wall shelf with my TT at the top. The second pic shows a closer view of the two columns so you can see what's on it. My kit list is detailed in my sig.

i always have a chuckle when i see that pic of your tt! like i'm wondering -'where is the stepladder' to change records :laugh:

i always have a chuckle when i see that pic of your tt! like i'm wondering -'where is the stepladder' to change records :laugh:

I've had to stop adding to it as the platter is just above eye level now - any higher and I will need a step ladder! :laugh:

you can take the grand tour

I loved the bit when you you added the suspense to the cost of the marble plinths only to reveal they cost just $5 - classic comedy! Great to see real-life setup there with some lovely looking kit.

Cheers for the vid Steve

Main setup as per sig. I'm too poor now to afford a real Cadell :(

5b97ce8a.jpg

And..

cf83856f.jpg

Last edited:
i recall the last time a 'show us your hifi' was brought up it ended up being closed as we should use the thread in tthe AV section. (or similar) however my kit is:

Pro-ject RPM5/Project 9c arm, with Upgraded Perspex Plinth and SpeedBox, and Clearaudio Maestro MM Cart
NVA Phono 2 phono stage
MHZS CD88E valve output CD Player
NVA P90 passive pre amp
Vincent SP331-MK hybrid Power amp
ATC SCM35 speakers (these are the original prototype for the SCM35 and have a slightly different cabinet and external crossovers)
Missing Link Alequia interconnects
Talk 3 Speaker cables
Quadraspire/Soundstyle racks, Granite bases for speakers.

looking at a Pioneer N-50 streamer as a possible next box, or possibly a valve pre amp.

Don Dadda, if you use Flickr, Imageshack etc to host your pics (free accounts) you can then use the provided links to insert the pics. Ta-Da...

Thanks Rob, I'll sort that later

Your setup Looking very nice indeed i must say :thumbsup:

Belloire, nice sounding kit, always like the look of the Vincent stuff. Would like to see a pic of the ATC's, big fan of their speakers, SCM7 and SCM50ASL's especially.

Thanks Rob, I'll sort that later

Your setup Looking very nice indeed i must say :thumbsup:

Cheers, I am finally happy with what I have :)

Last edited:
Ok my setup currently stands at:

• Samsung D7000 55" LED TV,
  • Onkyo PR-SC5508 Pre/Pro THX Ultra 2 Plus,
  • Arcam P7 Power Amp THX Ultra 2,
  • Oppo BDP-EU95 Blu-Ray Player
  • Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) 800 Series (Black Ash) - 804s (Biamped), HTM3s, 805s (Rears)
  • BK Electronics XXLS400 DF Subwoofer (Black Gloss)
  • Chord Cobra Plus Interconnects, Chord Odyssey 4 and Odyssey 2 Cables
  • SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 ,B&W P5 Headphones.
  • Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote with PS3 Adapter
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  • Pro-ject Debut III Turntable, stock Ortofon 5e cartridge, custom acrylic platter

Pics located on thread in my sig! :) :hiya:

Ok my setup currently stands at:

• Samsung D7000 55" LED TV,
  • Onkyo PR-SC5508 Pre/Pro THX Ultra 2 Plus,
  • Arcam P7 Power Amp THX Ultra 2,
  • Oppo BDP-EU95 Blu-Ray Player
  • Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) 800 Series (Black Ash) - 804s (Biamped), HTM3s, 805s (Rears)
  • BK Electronics XXLS400 DF Subwoofer (Black Gloss)
  • Chord Cobra Plus Interconnects, Chord Odyssey 4 and Odyssey 2 Cables
  • SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 ,B&W P5 Headphones.
  • Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote with PS3 Adapter
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  • Pro-ject Debut III Turntable, stock Ortofon 5e cartridge, custom acrylic platter

Pics located on thread in my sig! :) :hiya:

Stereo only Phil :p :hiya:

amcluesent...two sets of Sonus Fabers, very nice indeed :thumbsup:

System 1- denon avr 3312 & onix oa21 powering Dali suite 2.8,chord cables
System 2- onix oa21 & apex audio power supply,pmc tb2,iMac,Sony es cd,rega p2,grado cartridge,supra cables
System 3- onix oa31s,kef q15,technics sl1210s x2,vestax mixer,denon drm 700 tape deck,linn/chord cables.
Yes I am an onix fanboy!

Well if we are getting started, then you need to all post pics ;)

Oh god, this is like a Playboy spread for valves! :blush: Getting a bit hot and bothered.

And I love BlueWizards manly grotto and his DIY speakers, always a pleasure to see them.

Last edited:
Main System Living Room

Linn LP12 Turntable
Arcam CD72T CD player
Squeezebox Touch
CA Dac Magic
CA 840A amp
Audiovector M3i speakers

HT Room

Revolver Turntable
Arcam Alpha CD player
Squeezebox duet
Pioneer LX60 amp
Mission 753 speakers

Bedroom

Squeezebox Classic
Audiolab 8000A amp
Tannoy Eclipse speakers

I love seeing other people's systems. Not interested in AV - just stereo for me, so love this thread.

Some real beauties so far. Valve amps just look so cool :smashin:

Anyway, here's mine. Built up over anumber of years and I love it.

The Music Lover by simon ess, on Flickr
Speakers: Pierre Etienne Leon ML2 isobariks. From the 1980s - £110

TT: Thorens TD150 II with Sure cartridge and Jico SAS stylus. - approx £200 total

Amp: Sugden A21a series 2. - £510

CD: CA 740c. - Bought new before I knew better

Phono stage: CA 640P. Did have a Graham Slee, but found it too bright.

There's also an Onkyo ND-S1 I-pod dock with digital out to the CA 740. The TV also has digital out to the CA 740.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom