Whats your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cannot inbed my pics tho.

All i get is the link

Just HiFi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Feel a complete plum :p

Hey, it's easy, I go to your images on Flickr, select an image to view & then select the size of the image I want to view, I right-click and "Copy image location"(in Firefox at least) and paste it here!

Don's surprisingly macho looking set up:)
7841503858_faffe66c68_z.jpg

Last edited:
Beyond that I'm done and very happy.

Yes, that is all very well Mike, we're happy that you're happy. But could we please have some pictures please, ideally with Eva Mendes in an orange bikini accompanying your kit , thanks.

It's a sticky - excellent :thumbsup:

Definitely want to see more pics. Especially speakers.

Boxes are boxes, but I love looking at speakers, especially the ones I will never be able to afford.

It's pathetic really. :blush:

Don's surprisingly macho looking set up:)

Haha, cheers Coruja thats the AV kit you kindly posted for me. The HiFi kit is to the right of that in the same cabinet.

7840906520_a679d78f3c.jpg

And the 2nd setup in the Dining room

7841030986_16cb28ca38.jpg

Last edited:
..Maybe its my browser but its still not quite happening for me, even by the instructions given..

I think you are using the icon to add a URL NOT the one to add an image.

Basically, your image link should be surrounded by [ IMG ] ... [ /IMG ] and not [ URL ] .. [ /URL ]
(note, I added extra spaces added inside the square brackets to avoid the system thinking those were actual links)

Manually edit the code and see.

Last edited:
Aha! Now i see. So simple

Kind of embarrased really as i feel i should know this :blush:.

Anyhoo, As you can see its now sorted, but may need to update the 2nd setup as i'm on the verge of changing the Neo 1 bookshelfs to wharfs 10.2.

Thanks again Coruja :thumbsup:

Last edited:
some poor pics of the hifi (phone camera as my actual camera has been borrowed!) this is the main system, my second system has nowhere to be setup at the moment and my computer system isn't worth showing (Behringer uca202 & Wharefdale Diamond 8.1a)

this also shows a rega planet cd player that is for my 2nd system.....(it's a cracking player though)

newsystem1.jpg

newsystem2.jpg

newsystem3.jpg

Last edited:
Will this do?

Attachments

• image-297069172.jpg
    image-297069172.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 591
Actually that's an almost old picture now. The Hutter has been broken down into two neat little columns and works much better.

some poor pics of the hifi (phone camera as my actual camera has been borrowed!)

That is a rubbish camera on that phone! What is it, VGA resolution or something? :D

Lovely kit though.

heres mine vinyl , valves & horns

Turntable - Helius alexia , Helius Omega 10inch silver ruby , Ortofon A90
Phono stage - Blue circle audio - BC703 custom with battery PSU
CD - Marantz UD9004
Amp - Rethm gaanam 6c33c Set Valve OTL 16wpc
Speakers - Rethm Maarga 100dB Full range single driver horns with active bass
Mains & cabling - Lessloss firewall , anchorwave , Dfpc signatures
Rack - Rethm Taalam custom
Headphones - Taket H2+ TR2 with Dared VP-300B 9wpc Set as headphone amp

not shown but doubles as my 5.0 AV system as UD9004 plays blurays & dvd as well
Display - Jvc RS35 with 120inch stewart screen
with maarga centre & surrounds with dared VP-300b 9wpc
300b Set monoblocks

Attachments

• reh SSI-2012_rethm-18.jpg
    reh SSI-2012_rethm-18.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:
Can we please keep this to the thread title rather than a usual chat help thread, that is why I made it a sticky otherwise it will be put back into the normal stack of threads as it should used as per title.

Thanks.

System built up over many years of upgrades, saving up for Moon Evolution series phono stage. Already heard it - and want it, but cant afford it at moment.

Include picture of speaker as have placed Black Ravioli between speaker and plinth. Seems to work to my ears.

Amplification –Moon P7 preamp and W7 power amp

Speakers – Living Voice OBX-RW.
Sources – Moon Supernova CD player
– Clearaudio Champion 2 TT with CM bearing. Unify Carbon Fibre tonearm, Transfiguration Phoenix cartridge and Moon LP5.3 phono stage with separate power supply.
Cables – Balanced Studio Connections Reference interconnects throughout.
– Studio Connections Reference Speaker cable.

Black Ravioli under all system components except TT.

Attachments

• Stand.JPG
    Stand.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 810
  • Speaker.JPG
    Speaker.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 780
  • All.JPG
    All.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 750
nice Keith, lovely turntable :)

here's some better pics of mine, with the RPM9

system1-1.jpg

system2-1.jpg

system3.jpg

crossover.jpg

tt-1.jpg

the ART1 isn't installed at the moment as it's going for a re-tip. this is the clearaudio maestro

Very simple system - Amplifier - Cdp - Speakers - but what beautiful music.:):):)
PS: The bottom shelf is tv stuff.

KeepItSimple1000X750.jpg

ChordDuo01.jpg

Last edited:
The standard seems to be getting better and better as the thread goes on - sorry to break the trend!

JS Audio modified Musical Fidelity A5 integrated and Trivista DAC.
Sony BDP-S560 as transport (laser's gone on my MF A3.2 :mad:)
Monitor Audio RX2s on Partington Broadsides (plus Blue Horizon spike shoes and 2 granite chopping boards)
Sorbothane feet on DAC and Bluray
Cables from Chord, Merlin and Russ Andrews.
Ipants for Tunein Radio (usually I'm a Pink Floyd / Straits, et al kinda guy but prefer cleaning the house to techno!).

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited:
The standard seems to be getting better and better as the thread goes on - sorry to break the trend!

JS Audio modified Musical Fidelity A5 integrated and Trivista DAC.
Sony BDP-S560 as transport (laser's gone on my MF A3.2 :mad:)
Monitor Audio RX2s on Partington Broadsides (plus Blue Horizon spike shoes and 2 granite chopping boards)
Sorbothane feet on DAC and Bluray
Cables from Chord, Merlin and Russ Andrews.
Ipants for Tunein Radio (usually I'm a Pink Floyd / Straits, et al kinda guy but prefer cleaning the house to techno!).

Nothing to be sorry about, you have a very nice system.

Not mine But if my numbers came up

Attachments

• 299.jpg
    299.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,054
a little bit about my system before i post piccies.... i have cambridge audio azur 550a amp, cambridge audio 550c cdp, cambridge audio 650t tuner, rega rp1 with rega upgrade kit and rega fono mini a2d with mordaunt short aviano 1xr speakers mounted on mission speaker stands. also have a btec headphone amplifier. using various interconnects and 4mm² silver plated copper speaker cable.

in essence it is a budget system, but it sounds great. plenty of ventilation for the the components. the only drawback since moving it all around is that at the moment the tv is using it's own speakers as don't have an rca cable long enough to connect the amp and tv output.

well i suppose enough of the blurb, and post a couple piccies.....

avsetup001.jpg

above pic is speakers, tv, tv stand, bluray player, stb, headphone amp on a glass stand.

avsetup002.jpg

above pic is the seperate compononts for the hifi on a glass stand. forgive me for the camera angles but my eyesight tells a dfferent story when taking the pics!

Very simple system ...]

That is the understatement of the year.

Can you give us more details on those speakers. They appear to be floor-to-ceiling electrostatic.

Sweet system, could you give us more details on the amp and speakers?

Steve/bluewizard

Can we please keep this to the thread title rather than a usual chat help thread, that is why I made it a sticky otherwise it will be put back into the normal stack of threads as it should used as per title.

Thanks.

Let's talk about talk.

Yes, this is a "What Equipment Do You Have" thread. But, I think a reasonable amount of discussion can and should go on as long as it is contained to the equipment at hand.

Certainly wandering off on diverse tangents, like is good speaker wire good or is it all the same, or getting into discussion of "that equipment suck!" , "No, that equipment is great. Your equipment sucks!" are pointless and worthless.

We need to keep the clutter in this thread to a minimum. But, I think there is room to comment on and discuss the equipment as long as we keep in focused.

Can we have some clarification on this issue?

I agree the discussion needs to be contained, but certainly some discussion must be allowed?

Steve/bluewizard

That is the understatement of the year.

Can you give us more details on those speakers. They appear to be floor-to-ceiling electrostatic.

Sweet system, could you give us more details on the amp and speakers?

Steve/bluewizard

Hi Steve my Acoustat's are the model 1+1s that means 2 - 9x45 inches panels stacked horizontaly they where the smallest stacked model that existed there was also the 2+2 - 3+3 - 4+4 - all stacked model where 94 inches high they where made in the U.S.A. and stopped production in 1991 mine are from 1984 of course they have been modified and rebuilt with metal frames you can see the making of in my Flickr photo galery here
Flickr: mracoustat's Photostream i will post two photos of mine and those of my friend the much bigger one's, as for the rest of the system it's in my signature.

MrAcoustatKeepItSimple.jpg

Jocelyn003.jpg

Last edited:
Let's talk about talk.

Yes, this is a "What Equipment Do You Have" thread. But, I think a reasonable amount of discussion can and should go on as long as it is contained to the equipment at hand.

Certainly wandering off on diverse tangents, like is good speaker wire good or is it all the same, or getting into discussion of "that equipment suck!" , "No, that equipment is great. Your equipment sucks!" are pointless and worthless.

We need to keep the clutter in this thread to a minimum. But, I think there is room to comment on and discuss the equipment as long as we keep in focused.

Can we have some clarification on this issue?

I agree the discussion needs to be contained, but certainly some discussion must be allowed?

Steve/bluewizard

Discuss all you want, I did ask for system only specifics to be posted in the sticky, that is why I made it one, but I have put it back with the rest of the threads so discuss all you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom