Whats your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bel Canto pre3, Bryston 4b sst, Audiolab 8200cd, Sony tc-k909es (cassette lives on!), Onkyo tx nr808, Oppo bdp93eu, B & W 683.

all change in my system......

and there are more changes in the offing... new sl1210 mk5 / jelco 750d coming, probably going to use the mm phono in the amp with a puresound T10 stepup rather than the AI S200 (the sl1210 in the pic is going into my second system with a denon dl103r on it)

there's an audio note DAC 2.1x in there at the moment, having a listen whilst a pal is on hols. it's bloody good, but a bit out of my league pricewise. i'll have to aspire to it for quite a while i think :)

Last edited:
New System Changes -

OPPO 105 Universal Player/Blu-Ray with Marigo Labs RHX Feet
Boulder 1012 - DA/Preamp (For Sale)
ESOTERIC D-02 - DA/Preamp
PASS Labs XA160.5 mono amps
Evolution Acoustics MM3 - Speakers
Purist Audio Design - 25th ANNIVERSARY XLR Interconnects
Purist Audio Design - 25th ANNIVERSARY Digital XLR Interconnect
Purist Audio Design - CANORUS power cords (amps)
AudioQuest - EVEREST speaker cables
Synergistic Research Tesla Copper Tungsten, Tesla Hologram D & Hologram A, T3-SE - power cords
Billy Baggs PRO Stands
Synergistic Research Tesla PowerCell 10SE MkIII + (4) Galileo MPC Power Supplies
Tuning and Tweaks
GIK Acoustic Panels. Tube Traps, Marigo Labs RHX Mystery Feet.
4 Dedicated Lines with 10ga. Cryo-treated Romex, Synergistic Research Tesla-Plex Cryoed Outlets.
Pioneer ELITE Kuro PFD151 60" plasma with Premier Articulating Arm

9633475272_323bd9a500_b.jpg

9633491854_d2d0c2ab97_b.jpg

Last edited:
Why the change from Boulder?

And I'm sorry but I have say it sometime before I die, but those speakers look like giant telephone handsets :)

Last edited:
now all i can picture is Dom Jolly walking round with a speaker in his hand

main turntable change....

Technics SL1210 Mk5, Inspire Plinth, Achromat, Jelco 750D with Jelco cable, offboard psu, AT ART1.

the techie in the pic above is now in my second system with a Goldring Elektra II LZ on it :)

That looks sweet how's the sound you running it off one of your valve amps?

thanks, it sounds great :)
it's going through my AI S200 which is a passive pre with a valve phono stage. i'm not using the pre, just the phono stage. then into my AI S500 integrated.
the ART1 is a fantastic cartridge, and for whatever reason, it seems to really suit the Techie.
loving it......

Can you run something like the AI S200 for the phono stage with an Arcam A28 would love to try valves with my turntable

Yeah, it'll work as a phono with any amp. Mine Is the mm/mc version, but there is an mm only too.

Mine is quite noisy and is going for a service/recap over winter, should improve it even more.

Just added these
hu5egaza.jpg

Heh, they remind me of the old Rogers db101s :)

photograph off iPhone does not do them justice tho some one has said it looks like a minion off despicable me I now hate that person loving the detail I am now getting

some one has said it looks like a minion off despicable me...

:laugh:..I hate to say it, but they may have a point.

images

Mine looks like 2 Monoliths from 2001 space odyessy or 2 square black holes as they were once called

Scary is it not never mind

i had a pair of PM1's for a bit. lovely, lovely speakers, but really need driving hard to get the best from them

Yeah I have noticed I need to go past 50 on my vol now to reach a level where I enjoy them new amp time great

I had a Classe CAP 2100 driving a set of PM1's - Nice midrange and lovely top end however still not a patch for a set of 805S's. Maybe B&W should of just made an updated 805 Signature with the 805D's mid driver, PM1 tweeter and a slightly smaller cabinet and a finish similar to the PM1.

Now that's a nice amp was just having a look

Who said the CD player was dead? Audio Analogue Paganini 24/192 REV2.0

565B6172-80CB-4FAD-941D-D9C352E1BCAD-717-000000F9722D3828_zps54ab6191.jpg

Last edited:
i used to have a paganini v2. cracking cd player.

only got rid as i decided i don't like silver kit........

Beautiful! Does it take digital inputs?

Beautiful! Does it take digital inputs?

Sadly no...pretty old skool with analogue out on RCA and electrical S/PDIF. The Transporter takes digital inputs however.

The Paganini uses the AK4395 DAC and the Transporter the AK4396 (which must go one louder), but the Paganini inserts the AD1896 sample rate converter to get 24/192 from CDs. I'll try the S/PDIF from the Paganini into the Transporter but expectation bias will make comparison tricky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom