i always have a chuckle when i see that pic of your tt! like i'm wondering -'where is the stepladder' to change recordsLiving in a smallish tenement flat as I do where space is at a premium, I've had to make compromises in order to accommodate stereo and surround sound without adversely impacting the SQ of either. My current setup therefore, is a 4.0 system in which my AVR is connected to my stereo amp via its pre-outs so that the amp powers the front speakers in all cases.
The first picture shows the over all setup (except the rear speakers because they're on the opposite wall of course) and although it looks like there's a huge Mana Acoustics column to the right, it's actually two columns: the bottom column goes up to near the top of the speaker and the top column is on a wall shelf with my TT at the top. The second pic shows a closer view of the two columns so you can see what's on it. My kit list is detailed in my sig.
Cheers, I am finally happy with what I haveThanks Rob, I'll sort that later
Your setup Looking very nice indeed i must say
Stereo only PhilOk my setup currently stands at:
- Samsung D7000 55" LED TV,
- Onkyo PR-SC5508 Pre/Pro THX Ultra 2 Plus,
- Arcam P7 Power Amp THX Ultra 2,
- Oppo BDP-EU95 Blu-Ray Player
- Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) 800 Series (Black Ash) - 804s (Biamped), HTM3s, 805s (Rears)
- BK Electronics XXLS400 DF Subwoofer (Black Gloss)
- Chord Cobra Plus Interconnects, Chord Odyssey 4 and Odyssey 2 Cables
- SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 ,B&W P5 Headphones.
- Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote with PS3 Adapter
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Pro-ject Debut III Turntable, stock Ortofon 5e cartridge, custom acrylic platter
Pics located on thread in my sig!