1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats YOUR problem with Sonic Stage?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by HD3, Jul 31, 2005.

1. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested to know what people really don't like or hate about Sonic Stage.

This is not suggesting that i support SS, i don't like the slow loading times and whenever i rename a track it takes for ever to change.

Sometimes when I’m reading through the treads I get a feeling that we have some sort of anti sonic stage forum here. I read pages and pages of negative SS reviews/comments.

Don't get me wrong; I’m not suggesting this is bad, I’m just interested in what people think on this matter and what YOU hate about SS?

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Put simply? It's processor-hungry and it doesn't have any playback EQ for it's built-in media player - resulting in quite a muddy sound on my PC.

Have to say, though, I'm not getting that ' ... takes for ever to change ...' thing when I rename: just does it in a split second.

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The reason that there are a lot of Sonicstage problems listed here is that people are having lots of Sonicstage problems. For example, I've never got it to run on my main media machine, on which Creative Mediasource, Apple iTunes, iRiver Plus, Rio Music Manager, Slimserver and a myriad of other media playback / management software runs.

Major ongoing ones for me
    - Compatibility issues
    - No end of problems with very large libraries
    - Crap Playlisting
    - Drag & drop onto all modes (library, player)
    - Frequent problems starting Sonicstage after hibernation on all of my (Sony) laptops. Once again, I can hit the buttons for iTunes, Mediasource, etc and they'll all launch, whereas Sonicstage remains mute until I reboot.
    - No way of getting unmuckedaroundwith 44.1/16khz audio unless you have very specific soundcards. To be fair, most bundled media programs suffer from this but with iTunes, you can bung the Airport base station into a DAC.

4. justdoit

justdoit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    How about the odd last album track becoming the first track played!!!
    Does anybody else get this problem when transfering albums to the HD5 already as mp3's on their hard drive, doesnt happen every time but bloody annoying all the same when it does (and yes the tracks are tagged correctly with track number along with the file name)!

5. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i've had that, i think the track order can be adjusted in sonic stage. But its dam annoying when your out listening to the player.

6. Elthium

Elthium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought my HD5 this weekend and found out that SS v3.2 was out so my following comments relate to V3.2 only.

I use http://www.corecoded.com/ for listening to my music files, so I've only used v3.2 to instal music on my HD5. After reading all the horror stories about SS I was prepared for the worse.

As it turns out I think this is a great bit of software. I can rip and transfer a normal CD (2 clicks) using v3.2 in less than 3 minutes. I love it, it's a no brainer. They couldn't have made it any easier to use IMHO.

I also use http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mp3vcr.html to record shoutcast streams to my hard drive. SS recognises them in it's "My Library" section and then it's just a case of hit the "transfer" button.

Hope this helps.

7. Wykey

Wykey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main problem I have with it is that it doesn't make tea.

And, that's about it.

Never (since using it a good few years back with a netmd mini disc) had a problem with it.

Which is why it confuses me as to why it's so derided.