What's your favorite "Cat and Mouse" style thriller movie?

Dogar

Novice Member
What's your favorite "Cat and Mouse" style thriller movie?

I was watching "Three Days of the Condor" the other day, an old 70's spy thriller about a CIA employee who gets hunted down by a shadowy Intelligence outfit. It's pretty dated in a lot of ways, but the moments of tension still reel me in, and in some ways it reminds me of the far better "No Country for Old Men". "Terminator" and the 70's version of "Invasion of the Pod People" are similar as well. "

Anyway, I've kind of got an itch for this kind of movie now, so I was hoping some of you folks could share your favorites of the genre. I guess all the movies I listed are technically Thrillers or Horror flicks, but I like to think of them as part of the "Cat and Mouse" sub-genre that spans both genres. Our everyman protagonist is being hunted. Maybe it's by a supernatural entity, robot assassin, or maybe a amorphous government agency that could easily take the form of a kindly old man. In either case, the protagonist has no one they can rely on except perhaps for a few close associates, and can only hope to overcome his adversary by using his wits.

For reference, here's my favorite clip from 3 Days. Spoiler alert!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom