What's your Dragons Den idea?

bigdavecox90

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Seen on another forum, but an interesting conversation starter.

Fire away...

Seen on another forum, but an interesting conversation starter.

Fire away...

When driving on the continent on single carriageways it's difficult to safely overtake the car in front if driving a RHD car, because to get a view of the oncoming lane, you either need a passenger you trust, or you have to put the whole of your car into the oncoming lane for the view.

My dragons den idea is a camera that mounts on the passenger wing mirror of a car, facing forwards, attached to a screen inside the car where the driver can see it. You can then have the same view as if you were looking around the car in the U.K.

Re-usable eco-friendly nappies that help you to potty train from birth and save you money overall.

I've got an amazing idea.

It's something that is fitted onto solely onto BMW and AUDI cars. It isn't compatible with other makes.

It's basically this flashing device that lets other drivers know when a BMW or AUDI is turning.
I'm expecting to make millions from this.

ie a cloth nappy like in the old days?

Similar, but designed with an easy drop flap to get the child using a potty from day one, rather than weeing/pooping themselves all the time.

When driving on the continent on single carriageways it's difficult to safely overtake the car in front if driving a RHD car, because to get a view of the oncoming lane, you either need a passenger you trust, or you have to put the whole of your car into the oncoming lane for the view.

My dragons den idea is a camera that mounts on the passenger wing mirror of a car, facing forwards, attached to a screen inside the car where the driver can see it. You can then have the same view as if you were looking around the car in the U.K.
You used to be able to get a mirror (adaptable for LHD-UK or RHD-EU) that mounts on the passenger side windscreen to give the driver a view forwards that side. It doesn't need power so can't fail at the critical moment, though when I had one in the American car I had, tipping the seat to access the back often knocked the mirror.

A few off the top of my head.

1. Retrofit two way communication device for vehicles so you can hear what your toddler is mumbling from the back seat and they can hear you telling them not to wipe their chocolate stained fingers on the upholstery. Only becomes "active" when one side starts speaking. Like a small bluetooth headset that fits to your sunvisor and the child seat.

2. Carry on sized wheeled luggage that has a securely attached, but easily detachable, smaller bag integrated into it. So you keep your laptop/tablet/valuables in the smaller compartment, then if e.g. you put your main bag into the overhead bin (or rack on the train, etc.) you can keep the smaller bag with you. Or if they have to take your carry on bag into the hold because other passengers are taking the pish bringing too many bags you can keep the smaller bag with you.

3. Car deicer for lazy people who don't drive Fords. Night storage type heater that electrically heats a thermal store, say a firebrick (paraffin wax is better but bit more risky). You "charge" it and then leave it in your car and it has a timer you set for the morning, when it will release its heat and warms/deices the vehicle. Would have a battery powered fan to help distribute the heat.

Last edited:
Similar, but designed with an easy drop flap to get the child using a potty from day one, rather than weeing/pooping themselves all the time.
I think it's already been invented ;)

This is basically what they do in, er, more basic countries. But for the first year or so it's more a case of potty "timing" rather than "training" (i.e. you carry the child to the potty when you see the cues that it's ready to poop) it does mean kids are usually trained a lot earlier.

This is basically what they do in, er, more basic countries. But for the first year or so it's more a case of potty "timing" rather than "training" (i.e. you carry the child to the potty when you see the cues that it's ready to poop) it does mean kids are usually trained a lot earlier.

Exactly

To stop having bright ideas!:D

Two-fold idea:
A virtual driving companion for learners and early solo drivers, who can remotely take control of the car just like a driving instructor, these could be pooled as required so could just sit for short journeys rather than a contrived 1hr lesson.
AI would monitor all the comms and learn from it, to improve self-driving algorithms.
The learner can be assessed on lack of intervention, and allowed to go solo once they've accrued so many hours/miles/situations.

Last edited:
Electric shavers fitted with white LEDs to assist illuminating where on your face you're shaving at any given angle.

:)

Electric toothbrushers fitted with white LEDs to assist illuminating where in your mouth you're cleaaning at any given angle.

;)

Electric nose hair trimmer fitted with white LEDs to assist illuminating where in your nostrils you're trimming at any given angle.

Toilet brushes fitted with white LEDs to assist illuminating where in your bog you're cleaning at any given angle.

I haven’t got a Dragons Den idea yet, but when I do have one I will take it straight to them to help make my millions. :D

A public place (one may call it a forum), perhaps even online, where I can ask people to give away business ideas for me to take as my own

Which reminded me of an anecdote of two graduates went into the show a few years back and when it came to the negotiation stage, post-pitch one lad chirped up and said with genuine sincerity to Deborah Meade ‘Debs why don’t you go and make us all some tea and let the men do the proper negotiations!’

She didn’t invest.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom