• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's your definition of "banding"

rob2278

Probably been asked a million or more times on here, but here goes (again!)

I keep reading peoples post's about banding issues on their LCD TV set. I have a Samsung 46D8000 set, and it appears to be OK. Except every now & then, especially when a brighter scene is being displayed, I think I can see some sort of vertical line on one area of the screen.

Looking it up on Google, I stumbled across various pictures/answers relating to banding issues, but they are nothing like what I, again, think I am seeing.

So can someone please point me in the right direction, or post some pictures of what a "banding" issue really is?

I have contacted Samsung about it, and they are sending an engineer out to apparently repair the issue. Does anyone know what the engineer will be doing to repair it?

Thanks in advance;)

rob2278

I guess no one has a clue then:rolleyes:

stepchal

Standard Member
rob2278 said:
I guess no one has a clue then:rolleyes:

No I think you need to look up specific problem models such as the lg lx 9500 or the lw 980t on you tube there are videos showing it quite clearly . I am on my 3rd new panel from Lg and it shows very clear horizontal bands in light scenes. I think there were also vertical bands on tbis model but I don't get them on mine. Im sure an expert will better explain but it seems to be the separation blocks of leds which are not catching up fast enough with those around it.
Please feel free to correct me oh technical ones :)

rob2278

No I think you need to look up specific problem models such as the lg lx 9500 or the lw 980t on you tube there are videos showing it quite clearly .

Just had a look at the LG set's on you tube you mention, and to be fair, the issue I am seeing on my set is no where near as bad as as shown on the LG's. I'm pretty sure I've read about screen uniformity somewhere on here, I'm thinking that could be the issue with my set?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom