What's your biggest fear?

Something happening to my girlfriend.

my wifes general stupidity rubbing off on my son

Apparently if someone holds you at knife point at a cash machine and orders you to take cash out against your will,entering your pin backwards will raise the alarm and police will be sent out... still gives your cash out apparently but fear not the po-po are on the way!

Source: google apparently

snopes.com: Reverse PIN Panic Code

No one in the banking industry seems to want the technology. The banks argue against its implementation, not only on the basis of cost but also because they doubt such an alert would help anyone being coerced into making an ATM withdrawal. Even if police could be summoned via the keying of a special "alert" or "panic" code, they say, law enforcement would likely arrive long after victim and captor had departed. They have also warned of the very real possibility that victims' fumbling around while trying to trigger silent alarms could cause their captors to realize something was up and take those realizations out on their captives. Finally, there is the problem of ATM customers' quickly conjuring up their accustomed PINs in reverse: Even in situations lacking added stress, mentally reconstructing one's PIN backwards is a difficult task for many people. Add to that difficulty the terror of being in the possession of a violent and armed person, and precious few victims might be able to come up with reversed PINs seamlessly enough to fool their captors into believing that everything was proceeding according to plan. As Chuck Stones of the Kansas Bankers Association said in 2004: "I'm not sure anyone here could remember their PIN numbers backward with a gun to their head."

Yes those 'chocolate' covered digestives I sold you...

At least they were not 'soggy' biscuits!!

A game played in the Army was to put a digestive into the middle of a group of lads, and the lads would masturbate and ejaculate on the biscuit.

The one who came last would have to eat the biscuit..

No pressure.

I don't know who you are Exemplar. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for compassion, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for members like you. If you follow the trading rules, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ban you...;)

I don't know who you are Exemplar. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for compassion, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for members like you. If you follow the trading rules, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ban you...;)

PMT?

Nothing personally frightens me up to and including violent death.

My fears would all be focused on my children , the mental pain you experience as a parent with regard to negative things or situations happening to your children or loved ones is without a doubt more excruciating than any physical pain I could compare it with. Given the choice of having my children suffer or feeding myself through a woodchipper would be a comparativley easy decision to make.

Awareness of personal endangerment need not necessarily be fear though.

Genuine fears:
Losing my mum
Getting old before living life to the full
Not finding love again
Physical fights (I don't like the adrenaline feeling that kicks in when someone confronts me)

Abstract fears:
Losing my kids
Being tortured
Shark attack

Phobias:
Spiders
Heights
Public speaking
Vomiting in public spaces

A few have mentioned similar conditions but for me it's Motor Neuron disease, frequently referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Just a horrible thing to contract. More needs to be done to try and erradicate this dreadful debiliating disease.

Steve Gleeson (Former New Orleans Saints NFL Defensive Back) is such an inspiration.
Team Gleason | Steve Gleason | New Orleans Saints

Other than that, having a mortgage, I do somewhat fear interest rate rises.

My tumble drier...

Jeez if you don't leave stuff to cool the static kick you get from the little fella is astounding.

:)

Death, going to prison, public speaking, being homeless, the death of my family/parents, drowning, heights/falling, being somewhere where a tsunami is happening, being in a plane crash.

Arghhhhhh, you just committed a double 'your' in one line.

:p

Whats interesting to me is how easy it is to learn how to be confident comparatively with other skills.
The first thing to realise is that being nervous is perfectly fine and not the opposite of having confidence.

Fear of death is irrational to me , you will be dead and out of it so why waste time fearing it. Did you fear the time before you were born? Same thing in my book.

^Agreed, though fearing an agonising death (as opposed to death itself) is perfectly rational.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom