What's your biggest fear?

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
In no particular order, writing from the heart!

Going blind
Spiders
Losing my Son
Failure of my business
Dementia

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Probably either thru age or accident being alive for year/years in a nursing home, just waiting, month after month to die.
I would rather end my own life that go through that, and hope that either that is an option, or I can find what I need to do it myself if I get into that state.

I would think most people would have that fear.

And for the record, I sincerely hope anyone who argues and battles AGAINST euthanasia in such circumstances suffers a long drawn out miserable end to their lives wishing they could die so they can enjoy (not) what they fought for. Years of misery.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
I'm claustrophobic.

Small dark places are my biggest problem, everything else is a walk in the park.

Probably either thru age or accident being alive for year/years in a nursing home, just waiting, month after month to die.
I would rather end my own life that go through that, and hope that either that is an option, or I can find what I need to do it myself if I get into that state.

I would think most people would have that fear.

I agree with this first bit and I am pro-euthanasia, which I think beats living a life when dementia really takes hold. However your second bit about those who oppose euthanasia should suffer a painful slow death I strongly disagree with. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe if they suffer a long time before death they would change their mind, however no one should have to suffer something like that.

Losing my wife and/or family is up there above all else.
Paralyses and being unable to live a normal life and depending on others, I would not wish that on me or the people who would have to look after me.

Everything else that life throws at us you can deal with, it might be hard but you can deal with it.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Apart from the above obvious ones like losing my daughter, paralysis and so on....
Heights. And in turn flying. I am not a bird. Its not natural. If I fall thousands of feet I will die.

Tho oddly not afraid of dying. Would just rather not.

Oh, and getting tortured. Or being raped.

Liverpool winning the league.

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
Going Grey....That is a terrible thing that will remind me that I am getting old....

Oh wait a minute......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Axl

Distinguished Member
Tripping and falling head first into a 7ft hole in the ground landing with my arms pinned by my sides in the middle of the remotest desert.

Either that or one of my kids asking me to take them to a One Direction concert.

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
my wifes general stupidity rubbing off on my son

Apparently if someone holds you at knife point at a cash machine and orders you to take cash out against your will,entering your pin backwards will raise the alarm and police will be sent out... still gives your cash out apparently but fear not the po-po are on the way!

Source: google apparently

....Apart from that drowning

rousetafarian

Many have mentioned water, drowning etc which made me think of the most peaceful experience I remember.

I was in Syros, Greece as an older 18 year old snorkelling in a shallow cove and dove under a rock cave bridge when I got stuck. Despite the very brief initial panic of not being able too escape as a choice the sun, warm water, fish and quietness was very soothing and relaxing tbh.

I also fell of a cliff in Anglesey as 11 yr kid coasteering and nearly drowned......light and dark eh?

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Wasps - bastards of the skies.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
an inability to take each day as it comes

leo79

Seriously...
Anything bad happening to my sons.
Spiders, I've tamed it now but I still have moments of panic.
Losing the main contract I have.

Iccz

In terms of a genuine phobia - hospitals.

In terms of concepts and such that scare me - drowning/asphyxiation. In terms of ways to die this is probably one of the scariest for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett