1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats Wrong with this pls?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sdbull, Dec 26, 2004.

1. sdbull

sdbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just connected a Pioneer EMR D65 DVD to a Pioneer PDP 433 PE Plasma with RGB connectors. When I have switched the DVD settings to Progressive scan the picture is black and white. I have changed the settings on the TV to RGB input and the DVD output to rgb but no luck. Is my Plasma a prog scan model or is it something else I've done. Thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Progressive scan uses component video, not RGB. RGB and component are subtley different.

3. Ross_R

Ross_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folloiwng up on Nick's post, try using component instead of RGB. Personally, on my Pioneer plasma, I prefer component over RGB (but I've since switched to HDMI...)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well i assume you mean Panasonic DMR-E65 DVD recorder..... and you cant output Progressive via RGB, only component as stated above and answer me this...What has the better DE-interlcaer system a £2-300 DVD-R or a £3.5K Plasma TV????? so which DE-Interlcaer do you want to use TV orDVD-R??? I would stick with interlaced RGB or YUV