What's wrong with the immigration authorities???

joust

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So, to cut a long and worrying story short, we have an illegal immigrant who is making a nuisance of himself to our family (he's basically latched onto step daughter, and has persuaded her to move into a bedsit so he gets somewhere to live, all off her earned money). He's 3 years over his visa to be in the country. He has no recourse to public funds, and can't work legally in the country (so basically no money).

So, we've contacted the authorities, police and immigration to report him.

And....

They aren't interested.....we've handed him to them on a plate, and they just won't do anything.

What is wrong with these people?

BTW, yes we are at our wits end, as there's no talking to the step daughter, she just can't see what he's doing......we're at our wits end.

J

So, to cut a long and worrying story short, we have an illegal immigrant who is making a nuisance of himself to our family (he's basically latched onto step daughter, and has persuaded her to move into a bedsit so he gets somewhere to live, all off her earned money). He's 3 years over his visa to be in the country. He has no recourse to public funds, and can't work legally in the country (so basically no money).

So, we've contacted the authorities, police and immigration to report him.

And....

They aren't interested.....we've handed him to them on a plate, and they just won't do anything.

What is wrong with these people?

BTW, yes we are at our wits end, as there's no talking to the step daughter, she just can't see what he's doing......we're at our wits end.

J

Call him a name and your be in court and jail before you can say fudgeing ..........

Get some family members together and sort him out if he's this much of a gutter rat. I would.

Already phoned the immigration office in Liverpool and handed them all the details on a plate.

Their response????

"He's one of thousands in this country what do you want us to do about it?"

Sometimes I wonder what we pay taxes for....clearly these civil servants can't be bothered to do anything.

Her life, her choice?
If only it was, he's been coercing her for months now, and has forced the issue with her as he's now homeless. He's been living off women for the past 3 years, our girl is just the next inline as the others have got wise

@joust, as sympathetic to your situation as I am, I completely understand the attitude of the immigration services. If the media reporting is to be believed (and why wouldn't it :rolleyes:), the immigration and border control agencies have quite the workload.

If he'd committed an actual crime (other than overstaying his visa of course), then I'm sure the authorities would be dealing with it. As things stand, they've got a pissed-off relative, shopping an immigrant because he's hacked off with him, which is hardly the best grounds for even starting an investigation imo.

No real fix for this one that I can see I'm afraid. I hope your step daughter sees sense. I guess that's all you can do too really.

This Thread could be about authorities, full stop, especially when it comes to personal relationships.

If we took the words "immigration" out of your headline, you could be discussing someone with a drink or drug problem, or a history of domestic violence or abuse, and still not much would happen.

Every week it seems there's yet another story of some woman being murdered by an abusive partner or ex that's been reported multiple times to the authorities, yet little's been done to prevent it.

Governments bring in laws regarding stalking, harassment and domestic violence, then cut budgets so there can be little enforcement or investigation.

If this man is that much of a scumbag as you claim, then you'd best follow the advice of Post #3. Otherwise all you can do is see how it plays out and be there for her to pick up the pieces afterwards.

If only it was, he's been coercing her for months now, and has forced the issue with her as he's now homeless. He's been living off women for the past 3 years, our girl is just the next inline as the others have got wise
Unfortunately I agree with you and have witnessed it first hand. A good friend of mine fell victim to one of those (ab)users. It was so obvious what he was doing, and why he was doing it. But no matter what mirror we held up she wasn't listening and so taken in by his 'sad' story and struggle and blah blah blah. Reality is he was lying through his teeth and grooming purely for personal gain and gratification.

Unfortunately there is very little you can do with authorities. Their resources are prioritised and a single individual will loose out to larger operations regarding organised gangs. Best you can hope for is that your report has been recorded, and that perhaps sometime soon they have one of the local campaigns to pickup low hanging fruit.

Very sorry to hear, I can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling considering it's your (step) daughter involved :(

I worked for a firm that quite rapidly replaced it's work force with polish workers and this was prior to Poland joining the EU, this was a car wash type business and it turned out the 'boss' was up to all sorts of shenanigans, benefit fraud, housing fraud etc etc but the authorities were not at all interested initially.

I worked for a firm that quite rapidly replaced it's work force with polish workers and this was prior to Poland joining the EU, this was a car wash type business and it turned out the 'boss' was up to all sorts of shenanigans, benefit fraud, housing fraud etc etc but the authorities were not at all interested initially.

That'll be because the boss probably falls under the rather large umbrella of 'local businessman'. Local press and councils both love a local businessman for some reason, our weekly and monthly newsletters are full of photos and articles about the good things that such people do. Now, I don't want to put backhanders, I mean words in your mouth but...:laugh:

If you know where they are going to live, inform potential landlords (anonymously/) of his status and the trouble they could get in with him. Civil duty..sorted.

I suppose it easy sitting hear
With our good jobs nice house to judge others

Don’t know why the guy is here, but in his situation would any of try and improve our situation?

If he was not with your daughter then you wouldn’t care less so mix the two things is wrong and mostly likely making thinks worse not better

While you don’t think is correct may him getting a job would be better than him sponging off others.

So maybe it should be compulsory for illegal immigrants to work or be on a fast path out.

Sorry it might not be what you want to hear but support you daughter might the exact opposite to your instincts. Most likely from what you say, she will need it in the future.

Good luck.

Is the biological father around? Maybe you and he could join forces and pay this chap a friendly but firm visit.

I'm sure this can't possibly have any downsides whatsoever :rolleyes: Are you for real, or did you miss some form of smiley so that we know you're joking?

Let us leave the social niceties of 2 blokes knocking on a persons door to 'have a chat' to one side for a moment and instead let us wonder; what effect will this have on the step daughter? Is she more likely to see sense and come home, or is she more likely to be mightily pissed off? That's a rhetorical question btw, as anyone can see the obvious outcome to sending the 'heavies' round, no matter how polite they behave.

I'm sure this can't possibly have any downsides whatsoever :rolleyes: Are you for real, or did you miss some form of smiley so that we know you're joking?

Let us leave the social niceties of 2 blokes knocking on a persons door to 'have a chat' to one side for a moment and instead let us wonder; what effect will this have on the step daughter? Is she more likely to see sense and come home, or is she more likely to be mightily pissed off? That's a rhetorical question btw, as anyone can see the obvious outcome to sending the 'heavies' round, no matter how polite they behave.

???

It was a suggestion that, in the absence of alternatives, two dads having a quiet word might be enough to persuade the guy to disappear. I wasn't suggesting violence in any way shape or form. I don't know the situation, or any of the people involved, so only the OP knows whether its a viable suggestion or not. I only know what its like to have a daughter.

Could you perhaps have considered that's what I meant, instead of asking if I am 'for real'? That's a rhetorical question btw.

???

It was a suggestion that, in the absence of alternatives, two dads having a quiet word might be enough to persuade the guy to disappear. I wasn't suggesting violence in any way shape or form. I don't know the situation, or any of the people involved, so only the OP knows whether its a viable suggestion or not. I only know what its like to have a daughter.

Could you perhaps have considered that's what I meant, instead of asking if I am 'for real'? That's a rhetorical question btw.

Imo 'friendly but firm' means very little of the former and plenty of the latter. Maybe I'm just cynical? How friendly do you think 2 father figures of your girl turning up on your door would be? I don't think cups of tea with pinkies held aloft are what I'd imagine this meeting to look like...:laugh:

Anyway, I don't want to piss you off by accusing you of having anything but good intentions, I just don't think anything good can come from doorstepping someone like this.

Imo 'friendly but firm' means very little of the former and plenty of the latter. Maybe I'm just cynical? How friendly do you think 2 father figures of your girl turning up on your door would be? I don't think cups of tea with pinkies held aloft are what I'd imagine this meeting to look like...:laugh:

Didn't mean to imply that. Like I said, I don't have enough information to guess the outcome of such a situation. However the OP is the step father, which implies that there might be a father somewhere. As a father myself, I think I'd want to be involved if the situation came to a head. The OP may not want to confront this gentleman by himself, so having back up may be a sensible precaution, depending on how well they get on (if at all).

Anyway, I don't want to piss you off by accusing you of having anything but good intentions, I just don't think anything good can come from doorstepping someone like this.

You're probably right!

Any different to post 3?

And it might do some good. People can be assholes. They can be less so when they find out there's a family that's taken an interest.

"BTW, yes we are at our wits end, as there's no talking to the step daughter, she just can't see what he's doing......we're at our wits end."

One of my neighbors is a city police officer. We were at my monthly poker game when the subject of an abusive boyfriend of a local girl came up. He had a hard-won observation from many years on the job.

"If he won't beat her she'll find somebody who will."

Wish I could argue with that.
The question is can she be helped to stop doing that.

Wish I could argue with that.
The question is can she be helped to stop doing that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I tapped "sad", because it may well be true :(

I've known a woman for many years that has gone from shit relationship to shit relationship. I think one bloke used to abuse her physically years ago, but can't be certain. She definitely has a history of picking complete arseholes though :(

Sadly, I know she's not the only person out there, there seem to be plenty of women and men that have a 'type' that's just no good for them. As Gwen Stefani once sang 'Why do all the good girls want the bad boys?'

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom