1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with DVD music discs?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by neilneil, Jul 14, 2002.

1. neilneil

neilneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Well I'll tell ya what I find most irritating.
    If I pay £20 for a dvd MUSIC disc I expect to be able to put it on and listen to the music!!! Does that sound like too much to ask?
    After all I'm only the customer right?
    Ok this is what happens when I fancy some music and put a disc in my machine...
    Firstly I have to sit through a VERY irritating comercial for the record label lasting about 40 seconds plus. They arogantly (sp?) prohibit the fast forward buttons at this point so I HAVE to listen to it.
    Secondly they put on it some stupidly complex menu system so I have to turn on the TV in order to navigate my way to the music!
    One title I've got even prohibits the audio track cycle button on my remote so I have to use the same complex menu to get out of the PCM stereo mix. Aarrrrggghhhh!
    Why have the producers gone to such lengths to stop me actually LISTENING to my purchase?

rant over.... I feel a bit better now

PS Warner music seem to be the worst I've come across so far.

PPS I've read somewhere that pirate discs remove these stupid limitations but I dont have any (YET) is this true? If it is true then we could actually be in the ludicrous situation where pirate discs offer a better product than the official offering!!

-Neil

2. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought, but I think you can get by the advert at the start that doesn't let you fast forward, by pressing the menu button on the remote. I had this problem with a DVD the other night and I found the menu button took me straight to the menus. Might reduce the irritation!

Appart from that I agree with your rant!

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or, try SACD instead. It's just the music.