1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's wrong, Mini System Sounds Better than Paradigm???

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ciber, Dec 29, 2003.

1. ciber

ciber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tested a few, but the new Denon D-F100mC is amazing. I set it next to my Harman Kardon (105 watts/channel) and Paradigm Mk 9 series II . At anything less than wall shaking volume, the Denon and Mission speakers blow the much larger and more $$ system away. Sterio imaging is incredible. Off axis response seems to be >90 % on axis response. The speakers almost seem to be 360 degree sources.
    These small Mission 771 speakers produce more clean, tight bass than I thought possible. When placed not too near a wall, they do not pump or boom. The instruments sounds like instruments. Violin sounds like violin, piano sounds like piano, trumpet sounds like trumpet.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Perhaps the HK and Paradigm aren't a good match? Also it's likely your room is better suited to the Denon setup unfortunately.

More money doesn't always mean better sound. :lesson:

3. ciber

ciber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hk + paradigm is 5.1 home theater AV system, very good for DVD movie. However, the entry level stereo (denon + mission 771) beats this high end AV Home theater on music.

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you may be being fooled by acoustics. That said, the denon with mission is no mug..... i wouldnt doubt that it would be quite capable. Are you by any chance feeling that the HK paradigm system sounds bloated and disorganised? This is what i have on occasion realised about my own systems..... playing with crossovers and speaker size settings normally can bring large improvements

ad