1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong I am I using the right cable

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by m0v1em4n, Oct 26, 2001.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi All

In the run up to getting an HTPC I tried to connect my laptop to my Barco 708 data CRT projector via its external monitor output,
    The cable I am using is a VGA to 5 BNC, colours of the BNC are red, green, blue , black and white, unsure where to connect the black or white, my Barco only as 4 BNC connection which are RGB-S or (R-Y)Y(B-Y)-S, and there is a compersit
    When I connect up the cable using the black BNC nothing seem to happen, but when I connect up using the white BNC I get a picture in RGB mode but it is rolling from top to bottom, if I select the component mode again with the white BNC there is a thick black line down the middle with the left side of the screen on the right and the right side of the screen on the left,
    I am I using the right cable? Can any one help, don’t won’t to get an HTPC and find it does not work.
    Any other pointer or advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Not an HTPC guy but.... The picture is rolling as you only have one sync signal in place. Your laptop will be outputing H and V syncs I would guess. You only have sockets for composite sync or combined sync.

An HTPC using software called Powerstrip I believe will allow you to change the output to combined sync. Either that or I think some folk have used two BNC to one BNC combiners to create the combined sync required. Either way I'm pretty sure a well specified HTPC is going to work fine.

Gordon