What's with Channel 1 not showing programmes?

200p

On the Freeview episode guides on the TV itself for "Channel One" and also on digiguide for Channel One on Freeview it says programmes are on, eg. "V" at 22:00 today, yet when I go to the channel it just says "back tommorow".

What's going on? Why do they keep doing this? What do they have things listed in the TV guides but not bothering to show them?

200p

V is on now on Freeview. It is episode 10 Hearts and Minds.
On "Channel One"? Not on mine. And Ghost Whisperer wasn't either I don't think. I'm on that channel now and it just says "Back Tomorrow, programmes start at 9am". Even though if I press the EPG button or the Info button it says it should be on.

Last edited:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Yes channel One. Is saw the end of GW too while waiting.

Have you done a retune recently? A couple of weeks back my Channel One was acting strange. The PVR would not switch off recording when supposed to and only with that channel. A quick retune and it has been fine since.

200p

I've just done a retune just now (on my Toshiba TV & HUMAX PVR) and it's still the same.

Last edited:

Garrett

Cant see a Channel 1 on my freeview not unless you mean BBC1, if not whats the channel number?

200p

Cant see a Channel 1 on my freeview not unless you mean BBC1, if not whats the channel number?
20, but the good programs have finished and it'll just be rude stuff now.

But it's annoying, I could get some programs but other times comes up with with that message. Maybe it's everything on/after 9pm or some earlier time when it shows that message instead of the programme in the Info/EPG.

Last edited:

Retro Techno

It's still there, at the moment, on Freeview channel 20. I watched the V episode tonight, and nothing happened again, just as nothing has happened in the previous episodes. Awful show. But this isn't about that, right now.

As you probably know, Channel One is $ky owned, after being sold by Virgin, and is being pulled from the Freeview platform soon. Maybe this has something to do with you not being able to watch the channel.
It's just a guess though, as I don't know why a channel would get a staggered shut down.

Steven

Senior Moderator
I still receive Channel One (Virgin 1) though I did lose track of Channel One +1 (Virgin 1 +1) some time ago :confused:

I am really going to miss my early evening doses of Fresh Prince of Bel Air :laugh:

aprout

a little OT, but at the end of Leverage last week, there was a message about the channel closing at the end of January & they gave a web address that would tell you where 'all your favourite shows' were going.

Anyone remember that web address?

darkcloud2011

I still receive Channel One (Virgin 1) though I did lose track of Channel One +1 (Virgin 1 +1) some time ago :confused:
Virgin 1+1 or channel one+1 as its called now was only part time on freeview and it timeshared one stream between the channel yesterday and virgin 1+1

Just before sky got there hands on virgin1 the previous owner closed virgin1+1 on freeview.

With the freeview capacity that was left over yesterday was able to expand to a full 24 hour channel instead of just been on the air 6am-6pm that meant freeview viewers also got nighttime hours which used to be only available on satellite and cable.

Yesterday is now on air 6am-3am everyday then teleshoping 3am-6am exactly like it is on all other platforms.

Garrett

Still called Virgin on my Freeview thats why I could not find Channel 1:rolleyes:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
On the Freeview episode guides on the TV itself for "Channel One" and also on digiguide for Channel One on Freeview it says programmes are on, eg. "V" at 22:00 today, yet when I go to the channel it just says "back tommorow".

What's going on? Why do they keep doing this? What do they have things listed in the TV guides but not bothering to show them?
I might have the answer to this. Are you in Wales by any chance? If you are, you cant see Channel One after 6pm or 7pm I think? No big loss as far as im concerned and its going soon anyway so who cares! :). I think the reason is because of making room/bandwith etc for the very popular S4C ;)

Oh hang on - I better sign up to Sky - NOW - so that I can watch it again... :rolleyes:

darkcloud2011

Yes in wales due to bandwidth issues channel one is only on air between 9am-7pm, this is why wales does not have citv also because the channel one slot in wales is our english citv slot for most of the on air time.

Trending threads

Top Bottom