Whats up with Sony?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Tommo24, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I am sure some of you are aware from most of my previous posts. I am stuck with a faulty Sony KV36FS76 tv. It is a great tv and I want to exchange it for a new healthy one.

Problem is no retailer (that I can locate) has one of these tvs!? All say they are awaiting delivery from Sony but the date have been continually put back since late November.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge that can explain what is going on with Sony and this TV?

I have called their customer helpline but got know information at all. I have emailed Sony tonight so await the reply.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would have thought Sony would have made loads of these tvs considering that the demand is way out stripping the supply.

Regards

Tom

2. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Man in the shop reckons that Sony always keep supplies tight. He reckons that when they *do* decide to ramp up production they get their act together quite quickly (although he was trying to sell me a TV ;) ) However they have had FS76's on order since November and not seen any yet. I hope they get on with it as I placed my order at the weekend.
    Hope all goes well... for the both of us !