Whats up with my TV guide?

DoktorAvalanche

Novice Member
Evening,
hope someone can help. I live in Edinburgh; I keep getting holes in the guide on BBC 1 & 2.
Instead of tonight’s Apprentice, I had "As BBC 1" covering 2 hours of this evenings guide. I tried updating the guide manually, this worked last week, but it did not update. I ended up kicking the recording off manually.

I assume that this is the BBC Scotland listing and the "as BBC 1" bit is the national broadcast we all get and somebody at the site that provides the guide has not copied the information over, is this correct?

If it is, how do I fix it?

If that’s not how the system works, how does it?

Cheers in advance

peskywinnets

Novice Member
Evening,
hope someone can help. I live in Edinburgh; I keep getting holes in the guide on BBC 1 & 2.
Instead of tonight’s Apprentice, I had "As BBC 1" covering 2 hours of this evenings guide. I tried updating the guide manually, this worked last week, but it did not update. I ended up kicking the recording off manually.

I assume that this is the BBC Scotland listing and the "as BBC 1" bit is the national broadcast we all get and somebody at the site that provides the guide has not copied the information over, is this correct?

If that’s not how the system works, how does it?

Cheers in advance
I can't help you with your specific problem except to say in my Vista EPG for Nick Jr....i have the listings for the Nickleodeon channel. No matter how I try & rectify this...this listing still shows up wrong.

I'd love to know how to sort i!

Does anyone know where the raw EPG contents is stored?

boez

Novice Member
Evening,
Instead of tonight's Apprentice, I had "As BBC 1" covering 2 hours of this evenings guide. I tried updating the guide manually, this worked last week, but it did not update. I ended up kicking the recording off manually.

If that's not how the system works, how does it?

Cheers in advance

I think the problem lies with whoever compiles the listings source being a bit lazy! I'm in Dumfries but download listings for both BBC1 Scotland and BBC1 London (as I can get both via DVB-S) and noticed that BBC1 Scotland did indeed have a few 'As BBC1' entries. No problem for me as I can look at the BBC1 London listings but not so good for most other non-London EPG users! I actually get my data from XMLTV via radiotimes and not the standard MCE source which is why I think its a fault with the compiler of the listings (who then obviously sell it on the multiple suppliers).

Sorry, cannot help directly with you query...

Andy

john9876

Novice Member
I am also in Edinburgh and also got the "As BBC1" for the guide entry for The Apprentice last night.

I've noticed it happen once before, can't remember exactly when but I think it was a few weeks ago and as you say it was eventually updated to the correct entry.

The "not copying over entry" explanation sounds plausible :rolleyes:

p.s. if you feel strongly about it, there's a link somewhere on MS' UK website (in the MCE section) for reporting issues with the programme guide. It's been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

DoktorAvalanche

Novice Member
Cheers for the replies
-think they must be copying the programme schedule out of the Sun!

Its reassuring that its not just me! -will look into the moan page for the guide.

Am I stuck with the default MCE guide provider, are there other options?

boez

Novice Member
Am I stuck with the default MCE guide provider, are there other options?
Yes there are but it can be a bit tricky to setup (and in this particular case wont solve your 'As BBC1' problem as its the one I use to get guide data and it still occurs!). If you search this forum for Bladerunner / XMLTV you will find a few posts detailing the setup process. In particular an excellent couple of posts by julianmclean.

HTH
Andy

J

jackiapprentice

Can anyone help me? I too have suffered from the confusion over changing the Apprentice repeat scheduling- it appears that the Tuesday 7pm ~BBC2 repeat has been dropped and I am very keen to see it as my kids feature on the programme at London Zoo. does anyone have a DVD recording of Episode 4 of the Apprentice at London Zoo?

jackie

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom