"Whats those flashing lights?"

Widge

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Lol, my fiancee just noticed the presence of the PS3 in place of my slim PS2.

"What are those flashing lights? Whats that coming out the back of the Playstation! It looks bigger! What is it?!?"

To which I replied "um.... its our new media streaming device"... most tact response I could come up with.

:D

Sorry this isn't cutting edge news, but you need something a bit lol-worthy sometimes.

Not even married and your allready telling porkies to the other half........Start as you mean to go on I say....:D

Hehehe. Its just that £425 is a hefty wadge of cash!

Although I bet she could buy about 10 PS3s with with what she spends on beauty! :D

Well, as long as it streams her fave programmes downstairs, she won't be complaining!

Unfortunatly i had to come clean with my missus as we have a joint bank account...Ouch i hear you say! :rolleyes:

I told mine that I'd sell my Korg EMX1 to finance it......

I think she's forgotten now. Pregnancy seems to warp the mind.

Got mine as part of a mis-price so told her what a great saving it was and that I was undecided whether to keep it or sell it on flee-bay for a profit (of course when it had arrived and she'd gotten used to the idea I announced I was going to keep it!). I have thought about trying to swap the DVD recorder for a dedicated HD-DVD player and hope she doesn't notice. She probably won't as well!

Lol, my fiancee just noticed the presence of the PS3 in place of my slim PS2.

"What are those flashing lights? Whats that coming out the back of the Playstation! It looks bigger! What is it?!?"

To which I replied "um.... its our new media streaming device"... most tact response I could come up with.

:D

Sorry this isn't cutting edge news, but you need something a bit lol-worthy sometimes.

how long have you had it ?

ahh, thats not too bad then i thought you where going to say launch day or something :rotfl:

I told the other half mine was my reward for stopping smoking. :smoke:

It's actually worked out quite well because I can't go back to smoking without a "I thought the PS3 was your........etc". Just wouldn't be worth the grief so it's helping me stay stopped.

RDB :)

While my girlfriend was fine with me buying mine "it's your money do what you want with it" it was my nephew i was more worried about, he visited the other week so said i'd let him have a go on the playstation, thing is everytime i started something to play the playstation 3 logo would appear "why does it say playstation 3?" he kept asking me, he thought he was on my old ps2, managed to dodge the question quite a few times. If he'd know the truth he'd want to be round here all the time, and much as i love the little fella, small doses and all that ;)

I bought one, sold it, and bought another. I dont think the wife even noticed. Its probably best that way ;)

While my girlfriend was fine with me buying mine "it's your money do what you want with it" it was my nephew i was more worried about, he visited the other week so said i'd let him have a go on the playstation, thing is everytime i started something to play the playstation 3 logo would appear "why does it say playstation 3?" he kept asking me, he thought he was on my old ps2, managed to dodge the question quite a few times. If he'd know the truth he'd want to be round here all the time, and much as i love the little fella, small doses and all that ;)

tight git ! :rotfl:

its not just wifes/girlfriends that moan

i split with my daughters mother in 2001 and as i see her most days she has moaned many times as this month alone ive bought ...

40" sony LCD £900

Sky HD £200

4.2 ghz amd duo 2, 4gb memory, 2 x 500gb sata drives PC £800

and had £800 worth of work done to the twin turbo merc

£2,700 in a month

silly moo keeps moaning that i should save it

naturally as im playing motorstorm or R:FOM in HD i take no notice, silly moo

its not just wifes/girlfriends that moan

i split with my daughters mother in 2001 and as i see her most days she has moaned many times as this month alone ive bought ...

40" sony LCD £900

Sky HD £200

4.2 ghz amd duo 2, 4gb memory, 2 x 500gb sata drives PC £800

and had £800 worth of work done to the twin turbo merc

£2,700 in a month

silly moo keeps moaning that i should save it

naturally as im playing motorstorm or R:FOM in HD i take no notice, silly moo

all necessities i reckon fella....:D

I broke up with the girlfriend after buying the PS3...well I didn't have time & money for both so one of them had to go!

Seriously, i told my missus "i want a ps3", she went and got me one a few hours later so i made sure i didnt get on her bad side for the first month or so :D

It’s simple really. I TOLD my girlfriend that I was buying a PS3, and that if she didn’t like it she could pack her stuff and go.

And then I remembered that this is HER house:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom