What's the UK price again?

Ol!ver

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the now semi-reasonable prices for PS3s on ebay, and am thinking about what they're going to cost here in March. Am I right in thinking it's going to be around £325 and £425 for the 20GB and 60GB versions respectively?

Well its £550 for a 60Gb with 3 games on Play.com so that is £400 for just the console but good luck in finding a US or JPN 60Gb for £400 delivered.

Well its £550 for a 60Gb with 3 games on Play.com so that is £400 for just the console but good luck in finding a US or JPN 60Gb for £400 delivered.

Oh aye you'll not find one for that, but 20gb ones for just over £300 isn't that far off. Better than the silly money they were going for the other week....

Oh aye you'll not find one for that, but 20gb ones for just over £300 isn't that far off. Better than the silly money they were going for the other week....

Agreed, got myself a 20Gb for just over £350 delivered which seems to be about the normal and got a copy of Resistance for £34 delivered.

Agreed, got myself a 20Gb for just over £350 delivered which seems to be about the normal and got a copy of Resistance for £34 delivered.

Happy with it Mr Jones? I'm fancying one perhaps more as a BR player than anything. If I get bored in the next month or so I'm sure I can move it on and not lose too much.

Happy with it Mr Jones? I'm fancying one perhaps more as a BR player than anything. If I get bored in the next month or so I'm sure I can move it on and not lose too much.

Havent recieved the 20Gb version yet, was sent on the 9th so hoping it will be in the country before the end of the week.

even if you use it as a blu-ray player,the quality is excellent:thumbsup:

Havent recieved the 20Gb version yet, was sent on the 9th so hoping it will be in the country before the end of the week.

Hey Indiana,

Good to see you getting another PS3, i'll be doing the same soon, hopefully.

Did you try the "Book" trick again, if so, hope it works out.

Good luck. ;)

The UK RRP "was" £425 for the 60gb one. I got an American 60gb PS3 for £490 with Resistance and an extra pad inc shipping which works out about a fiver cheaper than what the bundle would cost you here.
That was also a BIN price so there's good deals if you have time to scan ebay.com.

The UK RRP "was" £425 for the 60gb one.

I don't think that has been confirmed yet, has it? Last I seen, it was just a few high street shops quoting that price, with nothing confirmed from sony.

I heard £450 for 60gig.

Why wait at that price and do as I did and bag an import :D There locking region Sony films on PAL anyway so might as well get a USA/JPN unit and get the films for around £12-£18 tops imported instead of silly pal prices (motorstorm JPN for £25 anyone :thumbsup: ).

Sony are trying to stop import machines...soon IMO they will region lock games.

Im tempted to import but this is putting me off.

official europe prices are 499EURO and 599EURO (20g 60g) dont know about uk prices but you could calculate as 1.475 euro = 1uk£

Sony are trying to stop import machines...soon IMO they will region lock games.

Im tempted to import but this is putting me off.

How would it put you off as importing a US PS3 means earlier release dates and much cheaper games?

Got my 60GB JPN console for £375 delivered off ebay. And there's a few online importers selling the 60GB for between £300-400. After the xmas rush there should now be no need to pay over the odds on one.

Also the import games seem to be much cheaper than what they will be when released in the UK. £30 for imports rather than the £50 they are likely to cost when released here.

What online importers sell the 60gb systems for £300-£400 or you talking about ebay :rolleyes:
Ive seen a 20Gb usa system with free bluray film for just under £300 and thats best that ive seen on ebay once.

What online importers sell the 60gb systems for £300-£400 or you talking about ebay :rolleyes:
Ive seen a 20Gb usa system with free bluray film for just under £300 and thats best that ive seen on ebay once.

Try http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ or www.superufo.com
Both of these sites seem to sell their allotment of PS3's quite quickly so you have to keep checking back.

As for ebay it's better to bid on items that are ending at stupid times, or to contact a Japanese or American seller who only has their Ps3 listed domestically as these are selling for far more reasonable prices compared to those being sold to Europeans. It only takes one message to find out if they are prepared to ship to the UK. There's another thread on here showing how much people have paid for theirs and the prices seem to have dropped significantly in the past 2 weeks.

Here's some 'Buy It now' PS3's found on a quick 2 min search 280065774023 270075046195 300065267330

These 3 items are around £350 & around £30 shipping. Too be honest there are a lot of people chancing it on ebay and trying to sell for high prices too.

Yea ive noticed that prices have dropped alot recently now i wasnt too bothered about one when prices was so high at first as not really any games that interest me tbh but id like the choice of having more and cheaper usa bluray films.

Im quite tempted to get a 20gb instead as you can pick them up around £300 or less now with ebay ive also used Videogamesplus with the psp and ds launch so i know there very good :) just you never see them in stock much and im not sure about Superufo they seem overall quite unheard of so far so giving them a miss atm :rolleyes:

I've seen PS3's on ebay.com saying they are NTSC as opposed to PAL. stupid question but will this work in the uk?

I've seen PS3's on ebay.com saying they are NTSC as opposed to PAL. stupid question but will this work in the uk?

There are no PAL PS3's yet. The only ones available are US, Japanese and Asian ones which are all NTSC. However the power supply is universal and there is no need for a step down transformer. All at the present time all games are region free whether they be US or Japanese and they should remain so with the PAL launch next year although there are no 100% guarantees. As long as your TV supports the NTSC standard and if it's relatively new it should be then an NTSC PS3 will work just fine here. However it will not play PAL DVD's or Blu-ray movies.

Thanks for that Moogle. So if i buy a US version, does that mean I would have to buy all my games and DVD's/Blu Ray films from the US?
Does anyone know if my PV500 will be compatible with a US PS3?

Thanks for that Moogle. So if i buy a US version, does that mean I would have to buy all my games and DVD's/Blu Ray films from the US?
Does anyone know if my PV500 will be compatible with a US PS3?

YES, OR jAPAN

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom