1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the truth

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LJT, Mar 27, 2003.

1. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my AE 100 t13 days now. I'm very happy with it and it is a substantial upgrade over my philips hopper sv10 and at a third of the price!!.
    Anyhow paronoia sets in fast in the very unstable, unreliable world of PJ's. So my thoughts have already turned to replacement lamps . Now I'm absolutley certain I read in one of the HC mag reviews on the panny (I will dig it out) that the replacement lamps were approx £150.00, great I thought. Sound and vision tell me £150.00. fantastic I cry, but then I try to source these units nothing!
    In the states on the 1 or 2 suppliers I've found the going price tends to be around $370.00 so £250.00 plus postage . I call Panasonice yesterday and they tell arounf £300.00 as well!!!!!!! So what or where did this £150.00 figure come from?
    O5r is it a blatentlie designed to temt customers like me!

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate couldn't find a replacement lamp for a £5000 LCD PJ, so it went in the bin.

That should cheer you up :(

3. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan. What was the model?

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Epson. They produced lamps for a couple of years, but then discontinued the line. Looked around for ages to source parts - the LCD matrix needed replacing as well, no luck.