1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the story about getting stuck/bad pixels fixed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by crazyasafox, Jan 18, 2003.

1. crazyasafox

crazyasafox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a projector yet but am just wondering if it is worth getting this problem fixed.I am more than likely going to get the Ae-300 with pricejapans $80 insurance to cover costs for the return but it is only valid for 30-days(I think that is correct)

2. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stuck or dead pixels, generally mean replacement of the LCD panels or/and their controllers..........not economical.
    Just wait and get the AE-300........Fantastic.
    And if it has got any pixel probs, just send it back within 30 days for a replacement.
    I have had 2 AE-300's so far, both have had NO dead or stuck pixels at all.

John

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greedy bar$dard :D

Seriously though - why 2?

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, forgot to say:

crazyasafox,

Welcome to the forums.

Good to have another Irish member ;)

As said, faulty pixels cannot be repaired - the panels need replacing. Problems with alignment can then ensue.

Better to get a replacement unit in this case. Most manufacturers have a "pixel" policy, with several dead/stuck pixels being acceptable.

Pixels don't generally fail over time - they're either "faulty" from the start or not.

BTW, go the extra mile & get a HS-10. Awesome unit :eek:

5. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kramer,

I should say I have had 2, But I only own 1...........Unit number 1
    suffered from the "Red led of death.......but it had no stuck pixels.
    Unit number 2 is fine also...just lucky I guess.

John

6. crazyasafox

crazyasafox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads and Kramer I was very surprised when following the Ae-300 forum a while back to see how many paddys where users of this board.A couple of things I have seen kicked around the boards about projectors in general is not having true black and something called screen door and since not having one am just wondering how bad is the black issue mainly with the
    Ae-300/Hs-10 and what is screen door?

7. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well having just come from 2 Sony1272's to the AE300, I really don't think the "Blacks" issue is all that bad after a bit of a tweek here and there in the Menu.......
    As far as screen door goes If you have the AE300, you will never know what it is !.......

John