Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What's the solution?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by .Griff., Nov 15, 2004.

1. .Griff.

.Griff.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    In a few weeks I move into my new apartment and my setup will consist of the following:

A 30" LCD screen, my PC and Sky (May get + box)

What is the best all round solution speaker wise? I want to be able to get the best sound possible from the PC via the Audigy 2 for games and movies but I would also like to connect the Sky box for pro logic sound. I was considering something like the Logitech Z-680 but I'm unsure if they will take a feed from Sky..

Any advice and or suggestions would be gratefully received.

PC specs incase - Athlon 64 3400+ (Clawhammer), Shuttle SN85G4v2, 1024 Geil DDR400, XFX 6800GT and Soundblaster Audigy 2 - Connected to LCD via DVI.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The Z680 is a nice system IMX, with both DD and DTS decoding. It has optical and coax SPD/IF, 5.1 analog inputs and 2 stereo inputs which I'd have thought would take Sky assuming you can split L+R signals from the Sky box's outputs.

3. .Griff.

.Griff.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    That sounds ideal then. I did notice on the Logitech site these have been replaced with the S5500's but I can't find any stockists.

Assuming I went with the Z680's would I be able to watch my movies in DD and DTS via my PC??