1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the solution?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by .Griff., Nov 15, 2004.

1. .Griff.

.Griff.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    In a few weeks I move into my new apartment and my setup will consist of the following:

A 30" LCD screen, my PC and Sky (May get + box)

What is the best all round solution speaker wise? I want to be able to get the best sound possible from the PC via the Audigy 2 for games and movies but I would also like to connect the Sky box for pro logic sound. I was considering something like the Logitech Z-680 but I'm unsure if they will take a feed from Sky..

Any advice and or suggestions would be gratefully received.

PC specs incase - Athlon 64 3400+ (Clawhammer), Shuttle SN85G4v2, 1024 Geil DDR400, XFX 6800GT and Soundblaster Audigy 2 - Connected to LCD via DVI.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The Z680 is a nice system IMX, with both DD and DTS decoding. It has optical and coax SPD/IF, 5.1 analog inputs and 2 stereo inputs which I'd have thought would take Sky assuming you can split L+R signals from the Sky box's outputs.

3. .Griff.

.Griff.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    That sounds ideal then. I did notice on the Logitech site these have been replaced with the S5500's but I can't find any stockists.

Assuming I went with the Z680's would I be able to watch my movies in DD and DTS via my PC??