Whats the smallest Plasma they make?

I don't think anyone is doing Plasmas below 42" now mate. I think LG did a 32" version a few years back.
Why so small.:)

Hi fellas.

Im after a PC monitor. Cant do LCD, they cause me all kinds of problems like fatigue and migranes. Yet plasmas and old CRTs are no problem. Trouble is there is no room for a CRT.

Ill be sittting a meter away and 42 inches is to big.

Any other recomendations?

Mickey

Hi fellas.

Im after a PC monitor. Cant do LCD, they cause me all kinds of problems like fatigue and migranes. Yet plasmas and old CRTs are no problem. Trouble is there is no room for a CRT.

Mickey

You tried in the PC section of the forum mate to see if anyone can help.:)

Tried higher refresh rates on LCD ?

I'm surprised that LCDs cause you problems, yet CRTs and plasmas don't - I would have thought it would be the other way round. Plasma flicker can be a big problem for many people, for example.

If a 42" plasma is too big, then your only option for a smaller plasma will be to pick an older one up second-hand. Just be aware that older/smaller plasmas may not be 1080p sets and could be as low as 1024x768 which wouldn't be a problem for watching Freeview, but might not be desirable for a PC desktop on a large screen at such a close viewing distance.

Plasmas don't really make ideal PC monitors due to problems with static images causing image retention. Modern plasmas cope better with IR, but older plasmas may not.

Hi fellas.

Mickey

Have you calibrated the screen?

Do you have the monitor bias/backlit ?

http://biaslighting.blogspot.co.uk/

Regards Martin

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom