What's the point of being a Tory if you can't even look down on the poor

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I wonder how many more Tories will be slapped for uttering what most privately feel anyway?

guest5234

Novice Member
Most likely everyone that voted Tory.:p

I did not vote the lasttime but voted labour every time before that, If I am being honest people who can work but choice to live on the state should not have benifits after the first child, if they want a big family they should get of their backsides and work to afford more kids.
Sounds harsh but fair to me.

Most likely everyone that voted Tory.:p
Any many many more, large groups of hardworking people in this country that aren't allowed to vote in general elections despite paying their taxes. A lot of them think *** is going wrong if you can't voice opinions like that which reflect the sentiment of many.

It like profit, work, looking after yourself are dirty concepts which used to be what made Brittany great.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Any many many more, large groups of hardworking people in this country that aren't allowed to vote in general elections despite paying their taxes. A lot of them think *** is going wrong if you can't voice opinions like that which reflect the sentiment of many.

It like profit, work, looking after yourself are dirty concepts which used to be what made Brittany great.
Brittany is region in France not a county btw.They call it Bretagne.

BISHI

I think the point he was trying to make was that the middle classes will be put off breeding as it has become prohibitively expensive for them to have, raise and educate children................. and TBH he makes a very good point.

dazza74

Novice Member
I thought the poorest / unemployed were getting a £150 rise in their annual child tax credits plus those working benefit from the amount at which you pay tax being raised.

We are ultimately in this mess because Labour preferred the idea that the state supported parent's income instead of employers paying decent wages which basically screwed everyone including those of us that have no interest in having kids. Nothing wrong with going without when your a youngster, stands you in goodstead for the life you've got to look forward to thanks to my generation and older.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I thought the poorest / unemployed were getting a £150 rise in their annual child tax credits plus those working benefit from the amount at which you pay tax being raised.

We are ultimately in this mess because Labour preferred the idea that the state supported parent's income instead of employers paying decent wages which basically screwed everyone including those of us that have no interest in having kids. Nothing wrong with going without when your a youngster, stands you in goodstead for the life you've got to look forward to thanks to my generation and older.
I believe benefits like these have been paid since the '70s by governments of all political colours.

I believe the previous Labour government introduced the minimum wage to ensure employers were forced to pay a decent wage.

I believe there is a strong correlation between poverty and ill health & obesity in children.

Steve W

dazza74

Novice Member
No need for it though with fresh produce being cheaper than the manufactured rubbish. It is a choice regardless of money.
If anything having less money I've found means I eat better. In the past I thought nothing of getting in the car and going to McDonalds or KFC. Now I think if I coook something myself I'll probably be spending £2-£3, goto the kebab shop I'll be spending closer to £5.

Indeed, yesterday was funny. We had a viewing of our house and for the first time people looked in our cupboards and the lady asked so where do you keep your food as there isn't much in our cupboards foot wise.

My wife opened the big fridge and showed the fresh produce ;-) Bread we make with flour fresh every other day shock horror ;-)

Cheaper, tastier, healthier and a lot of the time quicker as well.

guest5234

Novice Member
I believe benefits like these have been paid since the '70s by governments of all political colours.

I believe the previous Labour government introduced the minimum wage to ensure employers were forced to pay a decent wage.

I believe there is a strong correlation between poverty and ill health & obesity in children.

Steve W
I believe you are wrong on all accounts .:D

guest5234

Novice Member
No need for it though with fresh produce being cheaper than the manufactured rubbish. It is a choice regardless of money.
Spot on, fast rubbish food from McDonalds , Kentucky fried garbage, is far more expensive than buying fresh produce and cooking it yourself, it aint as if the people on benifits aint got time to cook it is it.

dazza74

Novice Member
My wife opened the big fridge and showed the fresh produce ;-) Bread we make with flour fresh every other day shock horror ;-)
:D

I find I use the freezer a lot now, that saves me a fortune as I pretty much eliminate any food waste that way. I think regardless of budget it's possible to live of the finest ranges (well I do) if you can eliminate the wastage.

guest5234

Novice Member
So in your world there was no child benefit in the '80s, Labour didn't introduce a minimum wage, and there's no link between poverty and health.

:rolleyes:

Steve W
Different parties different benifits.

Did not force employers to pay a decent wage, wages below minimum wage are rife in the black economy.

Good food like veg, rice, pulses chicken are cheaper than fast food rubbish, people on benifits can eat very well and healthy if they choice to.

overkill

Distinguished Member
Different parties different benifits.

Did not force employers to pay a decent wage, wages below minimum wage are rife in the black economy.

Good food like veg, rice, pulses chicken are cheaper than fast food rubbish, people on benifits can eat very well and healthy if they choice to.
Believe what you like. The facts though, are that:

1) The whole benefit culture developed during the 1980's, when long term unemployment replaced 'jobs for life'. The then govt (Conservative I believe) introduced the current benefit system in the early 1990's which New Labour interfered with very little. As it's current leader has just confirmed.

2) The NMW was an attempt to stop exploitation by Britain's appalling Employers (in general), one which was opposed by a Conservative party that made Striking illegal (it still is), stripped away any defences gained by the working man during the 60' and 70's and which made the World of work generally a very unappealing place for the lowest earners.

So, instead of people bleating about how wrong it is for benefits to be seen an alternative perhaps they should try working for some of the total scumbags who are all too prevalent in the UK economy and try and make ends meet on the wages they pay, for the hours of work they demand?

When you have, feel free to comment.

But as this the AV forum where the (vast) majority of contributors are Middle class (or higher) please don't waste my time.........

guest5234

Novice Member
:D

I find I use the freezer a lot now, that saves me a fortune as I pretty much eliminate any food waste that way. I think regardless of budget it's possible to live of the finest ranges (well I do) if you can eliminate the wastage.
Also grow veg in your allotment if you can get one, loads where I live £10 a year, or if you have a garden grow veg there, people on benifits have plenty of spare time to grow their own veg if they can be bothered to switch off the TV and Jeremy Kyle.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
There was a piece on LBC this morning about benefit chavs that have kids with different mothers. One guy had 17 kids with 14 (something like that) different girls (also all on benefits).

The main story was about a guy who had 4 kids with 4 different women.

The one caller phoned up and said this is what the Tory MP meant by breeding.

They also worked it out that because all of these people involved are benefit scrounging scum it will cost the taxpayer £2 million to raise this mans kids untill they are each 14.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published