1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the point in buying a top end TV when all you get is a bad picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by billystevo, Apr 3, 2005.

1. billystevo

billystevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digital TV is supposed to be better than analogue in quality, i don't think so, the TV companies try and fit as many broadcasts into their bandwidth as possible , resulting in poor picture quality.We the general public buy TV sets that try to give the best picture, we even buy leads that cost a fortune to try and improve things.I wonder how many people have sent their sets back as faulty due to the greed of the channel providers? They cant even give us a decent bitrate for football matches, i think they have to improve the quality of there broadcasts, how come I'm feeling conned by the digital revolution?

2. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a Freeview box if you just want the basic package. Picture quality is excellent.
    It only seems to be SKY that struggles.
    Mind you if you like your sport then you are a bit stuffed.
    I agree with you though. In this day and age they should be able to provide us with a better quality service.

3. system11

system11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of the NTL Front Row feeds I've seen have been so poor I've phoned up to demand a refund. I know it was them sending a shonky quality picture rather than my TV misinterpreting it, as this was with a Trinitron with zero processing abilities. Of course this is times where the Pace box hasn't screwed up. Noticed that lag with their units - you press a button and 20 seconds later something thinks about slowly happening? That weird delay stuff once caused me to buy "Red Hot Wives 40+" instead of a sport event, as moving too far and entering the wrong list seems to stay in memory even if you click buy on the right thing...

That one was fun explaining to my better half, she pays the NTL bill.

4. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mind if i note that one down for future reference :D