1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Pioneer VSX-1015-K like?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tyler Durden, May 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Does anyone have any experience of this machine? I am thinking about importing one from the states, which I should be able to do for under £300. Is it worth the hassle, or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

2. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the power will be wrong for one and so will the receiver tuning .... and you will get stiffed for duty and VAT so I wouldn't bother personally as it is only 650 Euro or so in Europe.

I have the 1014-S and the only thing I don't like is the inability to program the Sky digibox commands into the remote.

3. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Thanks for your comments, but I think I can get one delivered here from the US for £240 and that is loads cheaper than anywhere in Europe. (650 Euros is £445)

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard this amp and had any opinions on it.

4. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tyler

you are missing the point...... :lease: IT IS THE WRONG VOLTAGE AND FREQUENCY!!!. :lease: ......A USA SPEC WILL NOT WORK IN THE UK!!!!.....save your money and the hassle. buy UK or Europe :lesson:

cheers

AR

5. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Not missing the point. I have spoken to the technical guys at Pioneer and they have recommended a step down converter that will enable the receiver to work with no problem at all. It sorts out the voltage and the frequency.

AND THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT!!

Now please, for the love of god, does anyone have any experience of this amp!!!

6. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    If 1015 is the same in the US as for European market, then I doubt anyone has experience here with it, as it was just announced in the German market on the 25th April - http://www.areadvd.de/news/2005/200504/250420050007.shtml, and officially it hasn't been annouced in the UK yet, from what I know.

Wasabi

7. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well tyler, if you are so convinced that you'll make it work despite the advice given here - about void warranty, no guarantee it will work, import duty, VAT, etc etc - then goodluck!! :suicide: ......let us all know how you got on and how hassle free an experience it was!! :rolleyes:

8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    The place I am thinking of buying from offers a 3 year international warranty, so that is that bit sorted. It will definately work with the step down converter, as I have called Pioneer and they have confirmed this. On monday I am going to call customs to ask what the import duty and tax will be when it arrives in the country.

If I do decide to go ahead and if you are actually interested I will let you know how it goes.

9. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sure... should be interesting to hear how it performs when fed with a UK 50 hz supply rather than the USA 60 hz supply it was designed for (which I doubt your transformer will sort out) ..... but then, perhaps you won't need lip sync delay!

10. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,781
    I'm not sure I'd have one of these sat with any av kit...
    [​IMG]

Step down - 240/120V - 1500VA (5497)

Ref: 19-1045

Type: Autotransformer; Winding: Toroidal; Input: 220/240V A.C. 50/60 Hz; Output: 110/120V A.C. 50/60 Hz; Output fuse: resettable; Input fuse: 13 amp (UK version only); Mains Lead: 1.4 Metre long (Approx); Socket type: Accepts 2 or 3 pin USA type plug; Packaging: Plain box

£103.93 delivered.

:eek:

11. origbow1

origbow1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wasbi,

I've stated in another post that it looks like the lower half of the Pioneer range is being refreshed now, with the top receivers happening in Oct/Nov 2005. Looks like the VSX 915 will be £300, and the 1015 around £450 which is just awesome value.