• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's the NTL Digital picture like on a Bravia?

shoehorn

I have posted this in the NTL forum, but haven't had any response, so maybe better to post it here.... any thoughts please?

I've got NTL Digital and am just about to buy a Sony Bravia - but I'm not sure which size to get....
After lots of reading it seems I should be sat 2.5x the screen size away, but then it depends on the source as well...
So is NTL Digital a good source for the KDL-40V2000?
Is 2.5m far enough away to have a great picture?
(closest chair will be 2.5m furthest >3.5m)
Should I go for the KDL-32V2000 instead?
I have the Samsung Box for my NTL Digital.
Oh...... is the freeview in these sets any good?
Thanks.....

speedski

shoehorn said:
I have posted this in the NTL forum, but haven't had any response, so maybe better to post it here.... any thoughts please?

I've got NTL Digital and am just about to buy a Sony Bravia - but I'm not sure which size to get....
After lots of reading it seems I should be sat 2.5x the screen size away, but then it depends on the source as well...
So is NTL Digital a good source for the KDL-40V2000?
Is 2.5m far enough away to have a great picture?
(closest chair will be 2.5m furthest >3.5m)
Should I go for the KDL-32V2000 instead?
I have the Samsung Box for my NTL Digital.
Oh...... is the freeview in these sets any good?
Thanks.....

Can't tell you in regards to a Bravia, but I have a 32" Samsung and it is usually very good quality, the only bad stuff is whe they transmit stuff long distance. e.g. the Tri-Nations rugby from SA/NZ looks crap due to the poor quality feed...

M

M

maccrazy

NZ looks crap due to the poor quality feed...
You probably get a better picture than we actually see it in NZ on FTA, which is still analogue :rolleyes: - until we get Freeview next year. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom