What's the name of this please?

prezzacc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Probably a strange question. In fact this might not even be possible but I'm trying to search for something that does the below all in one... Is this a nas/media player?

Play Blue Rays
Accept Sd cards with movies on
Watch / pause freeview
Run plex / media browser so my files are available when Iturn the box on?

I get a feeling it might be something I need a pc for? Really I want a turn it on and go media player!

I use a roku box and want similar options to that?

Thanks all

Thanks Awink1 , thats just what i THINK im looking for!! I have seen a similar Panasonic one also. Thanks for that i know roughly what to look for...i do have questions though if you know?

If i buy the mentioned, could i have some form of Always on server for XBMC/Plex so that i turn the dvd player and just stream from it. I use a laptop with plex but need to have it on, just a bit of a pain, would be good if i could rip my collection to something and just stream from it?

Also would this be affected by cinavia?

Thanks you!

PS have i posted in the wrong forum?!!

Thanks Jon i wondered as much. So i would have the Nas drive ALONGside the smart Blueray player? Would i have to then connect the Bluray to the NAS, and watch through the bluray? It seems NAS players will also do similar to the Smart Bluray player. Blimey this is getting confusing! I think i need both now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom