Whats the most awesome PS3 title so far?!

AndyPee!!

I have only just got stuck into my PS3, having picked up Mototrstorm to go with my pre-packed R.f.o.m,
So far, Motorstorm, tips the scales on the impressive front for me!, not overly stunned by R.F.O.M, but its early days...
Anyone got any particular faves or recommendations for my next purchase later today:lease: ?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Only one stands out for me so far, MotorStorm. A revelation in how much fun a racer can be!

Sonic68

F1 championship's an excellent game, I am really disappointed with R.F.O.M
though. Haven't played motorstorm yet.

Matt TRD

imo RFOM easily the best so far but that isn't really saying much.

Didn't like Motorstorm at all looks nice but that's about it.

E

elaysian

RFOM for me.

I loved it from the moment it started and it just keeps on getting better.

As far as I am concerned, the days of PC gaming are numbered.

Do I want to sit up stairs, on an office chair, looking at a 19" monitor, listening to a 2.1 PC speaker set up (Not to mention all the faffing involved in getting the PC game to run properly in the first place)?

or

Do I want to sit in my lounge, on my comfy sofa, immersed in my 40" LCD with the 5.1 singing away?

hmmm, no contest really.

I've always been a console man, never really liked PC games that much, Doom3 & Half-Life2 being the exceptions ... but the PC bunch would always scorn the visuals of console games forgetting that its gameplay that makes a truely great game.

But the PS3 has closed the gap, we have the best of all worlds now ... stunning visuals, spectacular audio and amazing gameplay.

Tony Hoyle

Motorstorm, definately. Hated RFOM.

X

xASBOx

Motorstorm has great graphics but the gameplay gets a little boring. RFOM campaign was a let down (but in honesty i was hoping for a gears type game!) with pretty poor graphics and almost childlike AI. HOWEVER, play RFOM online and it becomes one of the most fun, explosive and ferocious games i have played.....its a massacre!!!

RFOM seems to be a marmite game.some love it some hate :rotfl: for me though i thinks its great and even better when taken online :thumbsup: anyway here is my top 5 in order

motostorm
oblivion
rfom
vitua tennis
f1

all of the above i own plus fightnight ,ridge racer

cheer paul

Kahled

Erm... Linux?

Sad but true... not played any of the whopping two PS3 games I have so far for five or six days now.

Gah, wish they would get some decent software out soon :(
And my Guitar Hero II did not arrive on the 360 yet :(

*annoyed*

R

resistance35

Erm... Linux?

Sad but true... not played any of the whopping two PS3 games I have so far for five or six days now.

Gah, wish they would get some decent software out soon :(
And my Guitar Hero II did not arrive on the 360 yet :(

*annoyed*

guitar hero? well that says it all :rotfl:

Bushido

I must add that I found RFOM a bit stale and clinical online. I don't really know how to describe it...just didnt get that vibe with it. I have just traded RFOM for Motorstorm and I love it!!

Although agian getting a game online is just difficult!

BritanniaJaf

RFOM for me.

Do I want to sit up stairs, on an office chair, looking at a 19" monitor, listening to a 2.1 PC speaker set up (Not to mention all the faffing involved in getting the PC game to run properly in the first place)?

or

Do I want to sit in my lounge, on my comfy sofa, immersed in my 40" LCD with the 5.1 singing away?

hmmm, no contest really.

I've always been a console man, never really liked PC games that much, Doom3 & Half-Life2 being the exceptions ... but the PC bunch would always scorn the visuals of console games forgetting that its gameplay that makes a truely great game.

But the PS3 has closed the gap, we have the best of all worlds now ... stunning visuals, spectacular audio and amazing gameplay.

[email protected] agree with you.web browser is excellent as well

Kahled

guitar hero? well that says it all :rotfl:

Yeah unfortunately it does... a new release of a game. Not to mention a title that is getting incredible reviews at that :thumbsup:

onkeh

Yeah unfortunately it does... a new release of a game. Not to mention a title that is getting incredible reviews at that :thumbsup:

Yeah I know I played it last year.

Kahled

Yeah I know I played it last year.

Really never bothered with it before but just loving the new controller and DLC possibilities so this time around it just had to be, is it as good as they say?

batts09

RFOM for me.

or

hmmm, no contest really.
ROFL summed up perfectly :)

R

resistance35

sounds more of an embarrassing activity than karaoke, it really does, each to their own

Master Yoda

Motorstorm and F1 are both equally fantastic in my opinion... The online play is so much fun on both and I am addicted... I only wish Motorstorm had a replay feature...

I hated RFOM and am really glad I didn't buy it... For those of you thinking of getting this game, try it before you buy - I almost bought it because of some of the good comments I read on this forum, but when I tried it I just hated it... I am a huge fan of FPS games and am used to playing them on my PC - to be honest I don't think any games console can match a decent PC when it comes to FPS...

Driving games in my opinion are where the PS3 will excel most...

Kahled

sounds more of an embarrassing activity than karaoke, it really does, each to their own

*rotf* yeah, each to their own. Not like console gaming in general, with the concept of being indoors and playing on some little plastic controller (never mind a big plastic controller), escapes being considered an embarrassing and sad activity by many.

Hell if you are going to get labelled a sad git for gaming anyway you might as well go the whole hog and have a heap of fun on the way :smashin:

onkeh

Really never bothered with it before but just loving the new controller and DLC possibilities so this time around it just had to be, is it as good as they say?

Yeah, it's awesome.

supahoops

I must be one of the few that decided to download tekken 5 rather than buy virtua fighter 5, for £6.99 i think its excellent value and very easy to learn controls which is handy when beating the wife :)

RFOM is a good game in campaign mode but becomes a monster game when played online, free for all death match is awesome ;)

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package
  • By Andy Bassett