What's the fastest chip I can fit in a TUSL2-C?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 1.8 Celerons Socket 478.
As such you're limited to a 1.4 Celeron with a TUSL2-C.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 1.8 Celerons Socket 478.

Spot on Baggy;)

Alex,
According to the HTPC hardware guru on the "other" forum the Celeron 1.3ghz is the biggest bargain at the moment & that a 1.3ghz celeron with the Intel 815 chipset (a-la the TUSL2-C ) still holds it's own against the P4's up to 2ghz.
The 1.3 Celeron cost's <55ukp:)
The newer 1.4 Celeron is going to be the last of the Tualatin cored P3's (intel is phasing out production) it costs <72ukp.
I'm going to "stockpile" a 1.3ghz Celeron until i can find a TUSL2-C or wait until you sell me yours......come to think of it...erm... all that i wrote above is rubbish the P4 is the way to go ;)
Cheers
Tim

Thanks guys
I've got a PIII 1.0 at the mo (not tualatin)
I was hoping to make a bigger improvement but maybe a 1.4 when the price drops a little is the way to go.

Tim - are the TUSL2-C boards rare now then?

This has all come about since I'm dropping frames with the Tomsmocomp filter on dcaler4 - Video(greedy high motion) and Judder terminator are fine though.

Cheers
Alex

Alex:

Tim - are the TUSL2-C boards rare now then

You betcha...give me first refusal if you ever sell it ;)

I've heard that dscaler 4 is very greedy on cpu cycles looks as if you will need the p3 celeron 1.3/1.4 it has 256k of on die cache or (seriously) one of the NEW p4's if you want to run the method you want with all of the filters used etc, also don't forget that dscaler 4 is only in ALPHA form at the mo the cpu overheads "could" come down.

Cheers
Tim

Originally posted by Tim Cooper
Alex:

You betcha...give me first refusal if you ever sell it ;)

Cheers
Tim

Tim have you tried Scan? I got mine from there only a couple of weeks ago.

Steve

This is the fastest chip it will take.

Not much quicker than the celeron version & for the money (£72 )i'll know which i'll be getting.

Steve/Alex:
Thanks for the link chaps i'll see if i can get one:D

Tim

I believe DScaler makes good use of the extra cache or is that cash.

Originally posted by Jeff
I believe DScaler makes good use of the extra cache or is that cash.

You could always justify the outlay by accounting for Dscaler as a chargeable item, it's got to be worth £72 :clown:

Steve

I don't know Tim - the extra cache could well be worth the extra cash

There is a 122ukp difference between the celery & the pukka p3 tualatin, the risk being that it will make no difference to dscaler 4 performance.

Tim

Crikey - I didn't notice the price - I wouldn't pay more than a hundred for any processor these days

Just got a reply from Scan.
The TUSL2-C is in stock at £64 +VAT.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom