What's the diffrence between thx calibarater and isf calibrater ?

Atari2600

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance as I didn't know were to post this question

as the title says what is or are the diffrences between a thx and isf calibrater or what are the advantages or dis advantages between the 2 if I had I.e a plasma calberated in either 1 ?

Thanks

I'm not sure there is a difference, as the aim of both would be to give the telly the most accurate picture possible.

But no doubt one of the experts will explain better :smashin:

I would say that out the gate a THX calibrator would probably be better (only because I think that they require a higher level of shown competence to get their certificate) I am not THX certified as I thought the expense to do the same thing I do day in day out to get three more initials after my name was way too much..but the facts are that experience is the most important facet in any calibration. THX and ISF calibrators are both trying to achieve the same end result. It is wrong to assume that all ISF or all THX calibrators will be equally competent or able to achieve the same results from your system though. Ultimately no display is perfect and it is up to the calibrator to consider the issues and errors and decide which are the most suitable to be left with in your system.

Ok thanks for that info gordan
I understand what u are saying thanks

I would say that out the gate a THX calibrator would probably be better (only because I think that they require a higher level of shown competence to get their certificate) I am not THX certified as I thought the expense to do the same thing I do day in day out to get three more initials after my name was way too much..but the facts are that experience is the most important facet in any calibration. THX and ISF calibrators are both trying to achieve the same end result. It is wrong to assume that all ISF or all THX calibrators will be equally competent or able to achieve the same results from your system though. Ultimately no display is perfect and it is up to the calibrator to consider the issues and errors and decide which are the most suitable to be left with in your system.

I agree with every word and I took the same decision that the THX course was too expensive given that I too do this day in, day out. Equally, we are always learning and any extra training would always be good but the cost has to be sensible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom