Whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by antfish77, Dec 29, 2006.

1. antfish77

antfish77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    1st post for a long time and looking to get onto the plasma bangwagon.... I have been fancying buying myself a nice plasma for a while and have until now always had my eye on the Pioneer 43" XDE. However I now notice that they have released a new model....

Anyway... all that aside I have had my eye caught by the 50" LG which seems to be a very reasonable price at currys... in fact almost to cheap for it to be any good.

The model in question is the 50PC1DA it is priced at £1,279.
    They also have another LG 50" which is the 50PY2R. Looking at the specification of the 2 models I don't see much difference. I am assuming that the more expensive tv is a newer model. Is this correct.

So, to end this ramble..... is the 50PC1DA any good or a load of tripe that is gonna cause me years of trouble and annoyance??

Is there anybody here that would please advise me accordingly and give me the pro's and con's??

Thanks in advance guys.

2. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I've seen the Lg's in Currys with a high-def feed and they look good.

There is alread a big thread on this, I'd look on that for more info.

Pro's are it's big.

The major con I can think of is screen burn, a lot of people on here are scared to admit they have it.

It's too much worry, a tv should be be switched on and forgotten about, not constantly worrying if you had sky news on for more than a hour incase the ticker bar burns in.

Logos are another cause of worry.

How can you abuse a plasma? It's not like of the old tv's where'd you bang the top is it? You hear that alot.

I'd suggest you download some manuals from LG, Samsung, Pio and Pana etc.

If you do, as you read you'll find through out that you you've constantly reminded about screen burn and static images yet these tv's have pc inputs and card-readers.

You hear about normal viewing, what is abnormal viewing when your tv has a card reader for photos.

At least with lcd you don't have that worry.

Personally I'm waiting to see what comes out in 2007. Lcd's are getting better. Asus are now doing a 22" montitor with 2ms response time.

3. chambeaj

chambeaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    LCD still has quite a way to go to catch up with the latest generation of quality plasma displays when it comes to picture quality for TV/Movie viewing.

No LCD on the UK market at present produces the black levels, dark area detail, subtle colour gradations (not to mention more accurate colours), and picture depth that you can achieve on the latest generation of Panasonic glass. Plasma also of course wins outright for blur free motion.

As a point of interest, when choosing a plasma panel, I'd stick with the following:

Fujitsu 58 Series
    Panasonic Professional 9 Series
    Panasonic consumer models (once a fix has been issued for the posterisation fault)
    Pioneer 7th Generation

4. antfish77

antfish77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your responses so far peeps. I'm still not to sure on the difference between the 2 lg models though...

5. David1943

David1943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not trying to be funny Marty but how do you know people are frightened to admit their LG has screen burn?

People here certainly don't appear to be reticent about complaining about issues with other brands.

David :)

6. stevens@tn61bs.

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There Do Not Bother A Bout Screen Burn On Lg Models I Have Had One Now For 2 Years Never Even Seen Any Type Of Screen Burn, But I Have Two Pals Who Have A Panny And Pio, And Both Have Had Problems.this Is One Problem Lg Do Not Have, Any One Out There Please Tell Me If I Am Wrong