1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the difference?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by IGADHIA, Jun 17, 2002.

1. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was thinking of Panasonic TH42PWD4

but there is like a BX and a 4D and a TNR version and stuff as well...

what is the difference between these?

thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    IGADHIA

Hope this helps:

Panasonic TH-42PW4B - 42" panel with silver bezel and RCA phono plugs on the RGB/Component video input.

Panasonic TH-42PW4BSYS (or TNR) as above with external TV tuner.

Panasonic TH-42PWD4BX - 42" panel with charcoal bezel and video card slot. Normally supplied with a BNC terminal board though can also be supplied or upgraded at a later date to the DVI terminal board. The BX suffix denotes a UK spec display which now includes a one year on-site with loan replacement warranty and a revised S-Video input circuit.

Panasonic TH-42PWD4EX - Tech spec as above. The EX suffix denotes a Euro spec display which only includes a one year return to base warranty and no revised S-Video input circuit.

Panasonic TU-PTA300B - external tuner which can be purchased as a stand alone unit with any Panasonic model.

Best regards

Joe

3. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahh...

so I am thinking of using the display as a DVD/tv/xbox thing as well as somehing to connect my mac to. I should be looking for a BX model right?