1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the difference in these 2 processors

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 90210, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 90210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Thanks everyone for all the help so far but now i have another question! What is the difference performance wise in the Athlon 64 3200 and the 3500? I want to have 1 mb memory on both of them. Will i notice any diff between the 2? I am just getting to grips with what specs i need and think i have come up with one i like but there are 2 choices and i cant have the 3500 on the one i fancy the best.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    You'll probably get a more definate answer to this in the HTPC forum, but AFAIK the numbers relate to the clock speeds of the processors. Therefore the 3500 will be slightly faster. As for wheather it will make much difference for NLE, well I don't think it will be that noticeable TBH. Both processors are fairly powerful, especially compared to my old P4 1.8GHz :( , and therefore should fly through any rendering with 1Gb of RAM to help :smashin:

Mark.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Beware ! Athlon processor numbers do not directly indicate their clock speeds. The 3500 is actually clocked at 2.25GHz.