What's the difference between...

simsybloke

Standard Member
Hi folks,

can anyone advise what the difference is between 2 Toshiba models, (Note the extra "D" in the model number of the 2nd one);

32RV753B

from Amazon
Toshiba 32RV753B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And the;

32RV753DB

from John Lewis
http://www.johnlewis.com/230948211/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=32RV753DB

The different model number must mean something, but I'm going square eyed with comparisons!

Can anyone see/point out what's different for me?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Simsybloke

Gavtech

Administrator
Probably none.

There does not appear to be such a model with a DB suffix according to Toshiba

Check the specifications here.

For peace of mind, contact Toshiba customer services for complete clarification.

[Thread moved ]

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
These variants in the detail of typenumbers are often added at the request of a major retailer so that the can say that the apparently identical model being offered by another retailer is "a different model number" and they can get out of a a price match offer:rolleyes:

simsybloke

Standard Member
Thank you all...

I wondered if the point Boostrail makes was the reason.... It had occurred to me!

Thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Simsybloke

cabbyteve

Standard Member
I think it's not a major different. If 32RV753B feature is enough for you and its price is lower, I think it's the best.

simsybloke

Standard Member
No difference.

Went to John Lewis with my dad this morning, (research was on his behalf), and bought the model with the "D" in it....

When we got to his house with the box, there is no "D"... ergo no difference.

And my dad is really happy with it.

Al he has to do is learn how to work the remote. (Or more likely just not bother and let my mum take charge of it!!)

Thanks for the interest,

regards,

Simsybloke

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom