What's the difference between these cables ?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Ikuna has a semi-foam dielectric that may make a slight difference on very long runs.
May well not make any difference at all.

DodgeTheViper

8mtrs is probably not considered as being very long I wouldn't have thought. So the cheaper Ivuna could be the best option.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I haven't done much with long cables, perhaps someone else could chip in.
BTW, would it be direct from source to display device? Adding and wall plates etc. would be a risk.

DodgeTheViper

Yeah it's going direct from source to display. It will be buried in a dry lined wall and across a ceiling. I'll probably get two tbh and test them before final install.

DodgeTheViper

Expensive for 8mtrs @ £30, really ?

Sending from my Oppo BR player @ 1080p, no higher resolutions, yet.

Yes, very expensive.

Work on maximum of £2 per meter. All they need to be is High Speed Hdmi. If being fitted in wall use the saving to run a couple of cat 6 cables at same time as both a backup and future proofing

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
We've used a fair few of the Ivuna and wouldn't expect you to have any problems.

I'd ensure you also run a couple of CAT6 and if possible run the cables in containment and avoid plastering directly to any cable.

Joe

DodgeTheViper

Thanks Joe,

I will take care with the replastering etc. I'm going to remeasure to see if I can get away with maybe 7mtrs. Wether that will make a difference or not I'm not sure.

DodgeTheViper

Found these cables on Amazon at a greatly reduced price :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom