1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the difference between the Sony KV32FX68 and KV32FQ70?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Blenky, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Besides price! Seem pretty similar to me. Is it something to do with a 'digital comb filter'?

Could someone explain?

Thank you

2. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Anyone?

Also whats the overscan like in WS. Can it be adjusted?

Ta

3. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Thought you sounded lonely.

The FQ70 is the next TV up from FX68 and has an additional feature to prevent flicker - namely "Digital plus". Unfortunately, most people say that this is "one feature" creates more problems than it solves. Apparently there's noticeable colour smearing onscreen with the FQ70 whilst with the FX68 this isn't really an issue.
    Having studied these TVs side by side in Sony Centre (for what seems hours), I tend to agree. I'm getting my FX68 on Thursday so can update you if you're interested. The only thing I see in the FQ70's favour is that it is a slightly different style (more countoured) and colour - a trendy silver-white rather than the FX68's silver-grey.

4. Lusak

Lusak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The difference was £40 at Welwyn John Lewis :) so I went for the FQ70 for the little differences like Picture-in-Picture and the set looked nicer ;)

No hum or apparent (that I have noticed) colour bleed as yet. It was a swap out for a Panasonic TX32PS12C which had the pale visible band problem they seem to have. I paid the difference as the FQ70 was £839 compared to £699 for the Panasonic.

5. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    As well as 100Hz Digital Plus rather than vanilla 100Hz, the FQ70 also has PinP, Vertical Picture Stabiliser, Picture Freeze, Level 2 EPG, a far nicer remote and a more attractive chassis.

I had 2 FX68's and both suffered from ghosting on all sources that was visible from 10 feet away. I use Ixos and QED SCARTs.

My FQ70 has very, very slight upward colour bleed (only noticeable with strong reds on a bright background) - I have to look to see it and it is nowhere near as noticeable as the ghosting I had on the FX68's. IMO the 100Hz engine in the FQ70 causes no problems whatsoever and is light years ahead of the engine in my previous 1999 KV28FX60.

6. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Yes I was stejcoolj. I was feeling really unloved :laugh:

Thanks for the info on the sets.