1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the difference between the Pan A100 and the A200?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Captain chaos, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone point out to me what the difference is between the Panasonic AE100 and the AE200 projectors?

From what I can see they are pretty much the same resolution...

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The AE200 has higher contrast ratio, and I don't think this is just down to the irmware - I reckon it has different panels.

I've seen AE200 in demo and reckon it is considerably quieter than AE100, has better colour uniformity and better contrast.
    AE200 has been on market for some time and I haven't read of reliability issues......

If budget is a pressing issue, then AE100 at £600 is a stonking introduction to front projection - for entry level one could choose to move up the food chain to Z1 or AE300 if the budget allowed.

Best way as always is to see them for yourself - your eyes should be happy with the money you're spending.

All the best,

Sean G.

3. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just re-decorated our lounge, and as a peace offering to the other half (in compensation for all my AV gear) I fitted laminate flooring. I'm actually quite happy with the overall sound of my system, but the projector now sounds alot louder and is basically a pain in the arse.

So, if the AE200 is a lump quieter then the AE100, I'd have no hesitation in recommending the 200 (especially if you have hard flooring!).