What's the difference between the old and new Sky card ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mmm, May 12, 2003.

1. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Couldn't find anything on the search facility, which is surprising..! But bascially, I wanted to know what the differences were between the old sky subscription card and the new one ??

To be honest, I would have thought they would have improved the banner a bit more...

- such as skipping the channels you dont subcribe too
    - scrolling though the days listings on the banner and pressing "i" to get the information about future programs.
    - on power-on - you can change the default start channel to another channel instead of the annoying sky help.

just to list a few... :)

anyway

regards

m

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The most obvious reason for changing smartcards would be to introduce a revision to the Videoguard encryption, after all it's been around nearly 5 years and that's quite long in the tooth for an encryption format.
    There has been rumours of additional facilities being avaliable due the memory and processing power of the new smartcard, these did include a more customisable EPG but SKY have never offically released any details.
    Until everyone has been issued with these cards any new facility if it exists will not be activated.