1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the difference between Sony kv32ls36S and kv32ls36U?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rorym, May 31, 2004.

1. rorym

rorym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've finally bought a TV today, the Sony KV32LS36S (or at least I think I have!)

The website for the item with the retailer says it's the "S" model, the receipt says "S" but the box for the TV says "U" so the model no is KV32LS26U

Should I be worried about this or should I just open the box and plug it in?

There won't be major a problem if it needs to go back as it's only a 25 minute drive to the shop but any advice would be appreciated.

I've searched the web and can't find any comments about this and the Sony site only lists the "S" model so is it a grey import or something and if so will it be the same spec?

Cheers for any help

Rory

2. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I think the U signifies what part of the world it's from. Normally the U is not given as part of the model no. when quoted in shops/websites. For instance we've go a model named KD32DX40. Look on the back of the set and what is it lisated as? Answer: KD32DX40U.

Perhaps the U means it's from a PAL region. For some reason I've always associated it with the set being Eurpean but I can' remember for why. Anyway I'm sure that's the rough answer. What the S stands for I wouldn't know but if the U has replaced the S then perhaps the S is for the model in another part of the world.

These are my thought perhaps someone else has the definative answer, I'm sure the model you've got is the same model you were intent on buying from the shop regardles of this number difference.

Hope this helps,

Simon

3. rorym

rorym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers for the response - I'd figured it might not be that important as a more comprehensive search found major UK retailers selling both the S and U models so I assume it's not a major issue and they are actually differntly sourced models of the same set.

By the way, for anyone considering this TV - All I can say so far is that I'm more than happy with it!

My PS2 in 60Hz mode via RGB looks the dogs danglies...... DVDs look good via the standard composite input let alone Svideo!

It's a doddle to set up and use, and has all the features I need. Price was good too!

Regards

Rory