Whats the difference 55PUS7334/12 or 55PUS7304/12

PeakyPaul

Novice Member
Hello all,

Please forgive me if this has been covered but I did a search and couldn't see a concise answer.

I am looking at buying a new Philips 7300 series TV but I'm confused what the differences are between the model numbers.
If I do a comparison on Philips own website between the 55PUS7334/12 and 55PUS7304/12 and for that matter the 55PUS7394/12 or 55PUS7354/12 they are all listed with identical specification???

The 55PUS7304/12 is currently on Amazon UK (as of the 19/09) for £729 and the 55PUS7334/12 is available from Currys for £699. So there's £30 difference between them, but what do you get or don't get for the £30 and are the other two models any different?

I sent a support ticket to Philips asking this question but I haven't heard back hence I'm turning to the collective expertise on this forum!

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give
Paul.

Attachments

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
To answer that question, Philips has released the Performance Series (PUS7304, PUS7334, PUS7354 and PUS7394). A model with an excellent price-quality ratio and available in a wide selection of screen sizes. A model that has all the important image technology on board, good sound and a great user experience. And it looks fantastic too. In short: The one to watch. And the one you are happy to recommend.
I think that they are the same, but with slightly different externals (maybe different stands, bezels etc) or they might also be region specific.

marvadal

If I do a comparison on Philips own website between the 55PUS7334/12 and 55PUS7304/12 and for that matter the 55PUS7394/12 or 55PUS7354/12 they are all listed with identical specification???
The differences are:

* 55PUS7304 has white stand and remote with no qwerty keyboard on the back, 55PUS 7334 is same as 7304 but include qwerty keyboard on the back

* 55PUS7354 has grey stand and remote with no qwerty keyboard on the back, 55PUS7394 is the same but includes qwerty keyboard on the back

PeakyPaul

Novice Member
Thank you marvadal, that is a great help and I have just had a reply from Philips that confirms you are right.

There is also a slight colour difference between some of the models so thought I would post Philips reply here in case it helps others,

"The only difference between those televisions is the remote control and slightly
different colour of the tv.

55PUS7304/12 has a Light silver Colour and one sided remote control.

55PUS7334/12 has a Light silver Colour but it contains two sided remote control with a qwerty keyboard on the back.

55PUS7354/12 has a Silver chrome colour and one sided remote control.

55PUS7394/12 has a Silver chrome colour and two sided remote control with a qwerty keyboard on the back.

Rest of the specification is exactly the same."

desinho

Thank you marvadal, that is a great help and I have just had a reply from Philips that confirms you are right.

There is also a slight colour difference between some of the models so thought I would post Philips reply here in case it helps others,

"The only difference between those televisions is the remote control and slightly
different colour of the tv.

55PUS7304/12 has a Light silver Colour and one sided remote control.

55PUS7334/12 has a Light silver Colour but it contains two sided remote control with a qwerty keyboard on the back.

55PUS7354/12 has a Silver chrome colour and one sided remote control.

55PUS7394/12 has a Silver chrome colour and two sided remote control with a qwerty keyboard on the back.

Rest of the specification is exactly the same."
The colour differences pertain to the stand only (and the above here are the correct ones; there is no white or grey stand version mentioned in the post before), not the bezels of the tv. Having recently seen this set in real life, I would now go for the chrome stand whereas initially it seemed like a total mismatch.
Note that I've only seen the combo with light silver stand which is in the same colour and finish as the bezels but the total package just looks a bit hideous 😇 (they should have made some real colour differences like with the 73*3 models). The chrome stand combo couldn't possibly looks worse ....

PeakyPaul

Novice Member
Thanks desinho, I wont be needing the stand as it will be attaching to the existing wall mount. Curry's don't seem to stock these TV's anywhere so I'm still a little on the fence with the silver colour. I would have preferred black like my existing Sony but no option for that with Philips!

As you have seen the set in person whats your take on the silver colour?

Thanks

desinho

As you have seen the set in person whats your take on the silver colour?

Thanks
Generally I don't even mind a silver set but this one ... when they say 'Light Silver' they mean it. No wonder it sometimes almost looked white in some pictures (it's also a very matte finish as can be seen quite well in this picture https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/DgceEWBywarLg4xsULRLhT.jpg)
I believe the 6704 is black (and still supports both Dolby Vision and HDR10+)
Looking at the picture again it might actually look quite decent if wall-mounted flush on a white wall like I have but hard to get it flush like a Samsung no gap mount system.

Last edited:

jan2897

I purchased the 65PUS7304 only a few weeks ago. The very light silver bezel is far too wide for a modern TV and looks horrendous. The smaller versions of this TV have a swivel stand but the 65" version has only a fixed stand. I purchased this TV having seen some positive reviews on Amazon and at an excellent price of £878 without having actually seen it ( I was swayed by the price and reviews ). I could not find a single shop that had this TV on display. I had sold my previous TV, a Hisense H65 NU6800 a few days previous, I now wished I had kept it. The picture quality on the Hisense with ULED was far superior to the Philips which took hours of adjustment to obtain an acceptable picture, although still not as good as my previous Hisense. Even after adjustment the Hisense was far superior. The remote control on the Philips is more akin to a cheap transistor radio. As for the Android operating system it's far too slow. It takes forever for the TV to start up. It's a terrible operating system.
The only positive thing I can say about this Tv is the Ambilight which as always is brilliant.
Do I recommend this TV, absolutely not. I now wish I had purchased another Hisense ULED TV or saved up for an OLED. I have a 55" LG B8 OLED in my bedroom. The picture quality and the magic remote along with the LG operating system knock spots off every other TV I have ever purchased.

kopmjj

I was about to purchase this tv but now having 2nd thoughts is the picture bad because of the p5 processing or just generally bad?

Also how is the hdr on your lg b8, I can afford a b9 but 55 inch only,.

jan2897

Hi,
Owning a Philips 65PUS7304 and an LG 55B8 I can honestly say that the LG OLED knocks spots off the Philips. The picture quality is fantastic on the LG and HDR works perfectly. The philips Android operating system takes forever to start up whereas The LG is almost instantaneous. I shall now be saving up my pennies for when I can afford a 65" OLED for my Lounge. I was always slightly sceptical of OLED until I actually purchased one, now I'm hooked. My recommendation would be to go for the LG 55B9. Regarding the Philips picture it took many hours of fiddling with the settings to obtain a reasonable picture. The LG, by comparison was perfect for me straight out of the box with no need to adjust any settings, although this may not be the case for everyone.

Last edited:

kopmjj

Cheers I'll wait til black Friday for lg 65 b9 then, I recently bought toshiba x98 oled and sent it back as the image was grainy on hd content, I'm sure the lg is far superior but generally do oled tv need good source for it to look good, the Toshiba was my first oled and was very disappointed.
How is the hdr on the b8? I mainly will watch hdr content.