1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the diff between the Panasonic TH42PWD6 & the TH42PW7B ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Alexg, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As topic whats the difference?
    They both look the same to me.

Also what do people think of the TH42PW7B as it seemes to be more available than the D6

Does anyone have any pictures of this unit in there room so I can see what it really looks like?

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    PWD6 is a business/industrial market plasma display panel that uses 6th generation Panasonic glass technology.

PW7B is a consumer UK market plasma display panel that uses 7th generation Panasonic glass technology.

In summary the PW7 is newer. I think the only real major difference is that the PWD6 will accept component signals via the built in VGA 15pin D-sub port whereas the PW7 won't.

Try a search on this forum, you'll see a wealth of info and the question has been asked a few times before.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that they are both SD res panels at 852x480. The only reason the PW7B is more readily available is because it is the newer model that was introduced around Sept/Oct 04. The PWD6 is the previous year's incarnation.

*EDIT2* If you trawl the Get your plasmas out for the lads - Pt II thread then you will see plenty of examples of PW7's and PW6's.

S.

3. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the info,

Just spent a good hour and a half reading through previous posts and it does look very nice.

1 Question I cant find the answer too though, the board where you connect stuff too (which I gather is changable for weather you want S-Vid, component and composite or just a scart input) where is that on the unit? is it on the side or is it behind? I'm going to mount it on the wall and want to drop the cables out the back and down the cavity and don't want any connections showing on either side.

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  5. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh now that is usefull.
    With no cards in it at all what connections do you have to the TH42PW7B without the cards in it, is it just SVGA D-Sub?

Does the TH42PW7B have 3 cards slots or 2?

6. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The panel only has a single 15 pin VGA D-sub connector built in and the 42" has 3x card slots whereas the 37" has 2x.

S.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    7 series has more boards available both have HDCP DVi board (7 has HDMI board, limited inputs) as well as Wireless and SDi boards for 7series only